Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how the fuel line that goes into the fuel filter inlet supposed to connect? I've had my pop off, it seems to have a groove in it like there's supposed to be a o-ring to snap in. Is this the case? Anyone that knows I would really app. it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I assume you are talking about the metal nipple that the rubber line clamps too? If so, you will have to buy a new filter housing assy to repair it. The fittings are pressed into the housing for a one time use. This is not an unheard of failure but its not that common. Check the housing mount bolt, the mounting bracket and also engine mounts. A lot of shake rattle and roll will cause lil failures like this.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I would send a picture of the fuel line. So that way we can make sure we're on the same page. The line on the bottom left is the one coming off like it's snapped in. The rest of them are clapped on. So anyway I thought maybe it would help, thanks a lot for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I thought I would send a picture of the fuel line. So that way we can make sure we're on the same page. The line on the bottom left is the one coming off like it's snapped in. The rest of them are clapped on. So anyway I thought maybe it would help, thanks a lot for your time.
So yur saying its the 90* elbow thats coming out of the housing.... Correct?

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that's it. Is or can you buy the elbow and replace it or have to buy the whole filter assembly because of the way it's made? Thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
Is it worth a try to pull out the fitting, clean it well and JB Weld it? Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Besides it would be worth a try . Try it before go out and buy a new one . Thanks for the ideals

Would it be worth getting glue inside your injection pump, injectors or other parts of the fuel system? It could end up costing you way more than the filter assembly.

The other possibility is that line coming unhooked while using the tractor. Getting it stuck in a remote part of your property could be the least of your worries. Having the thing dump fuel all over the place or catching fire will run the bill up really quick. Then if some government agency gets involved with the spill you better have good homeowners insurance. However they will probably deny the claim after finding out about the fuel line glueing.

Best of luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same fitting go bad on my X595 last year. Easy fix, at least I imagine it would be if you have a pair of hose clamp pliers instead of fussing around with needlenose like I did, but even so it only took maybe ten minutes. The housing I think was about $50. Have the tractor's serial number when you order it or you have a 50/50 chance of getting the wrong part.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Would it be worth getting glue inside your injection pump, injectors or other parts of the fuel system? It could end up costing you way more than the filter assembly.

The other possibility is that line coming unhooked while using the tractor. Getting it stuck in a remote part of your property could be the least of your worries. Having the thing dump fuel all over the place or catching fire will run the bill up really quick. Then if some government agency gets involved with the spill you better have good homeowners insurance. However they will probably deny the claim after finding out about the fuel line glueing.

Best of luck
Wait for the JB weld to cure before putting tractor into service. Don't be so scared of doing a repair.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Would it be worth getting glue inside your injection pump, injectors or other parts of the fuel system?
Agreed,Definitely not worth getting it in fuel system for sure.

Wait for the JB weld to cure before putting tractor into service. Don't be so scared of doing a repair.
Unfortunately I don't think it would last long due to the engine vibration running and the shake during startup and shutdown those diesels have.You're just delaying the inevitable.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hasn't anyone ever used JB Weld or equivalent before? Hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new housing.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Hasn't anyone ever used JB Weld or equivalent before? Hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new housing.
Yes I've used it many times and works great,I just don't think it would last long due to the vibration.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Thanks guys, I ended up replacing the whole fuel filter assembly. Didn't take but about 20 minutes , anyway I feel better , it was 50 bucks without tax. Of course I had to order it and took a few days to get it. Thank you all for your help. :good2:
For $50 that's a no brainer. Unfortunately I've waisted more on stupid stuff. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts