Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello;

I have a X495 and the right side hydraulic take-up arm won't lift the mower deck. I took the mower off and the arm moves freely. How is this arm section attached to the other side? Is there a center shaft or a shear pin that's broken? Can I fix this without taking an entire assembly apart?

Jim

·
Registered
291 Posts
JD Parts has a parts break down. I suspect the lift linkage items 16 and 19 I believe is probably broken on one side as that has happened to my 2320.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Is the yoke connected to the arm and the bolt for the yoke connected to the lift mechanism,the top of that bolt is kinda "D" shaped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The left arm moves and when the hydraulics are activated and lifts the mower. It's the right side arm that's broken and moves freely. It appears the whole mechanism is powered from the left side. The broken (right side) arm seems to be attached via a shaft to the left side. However there is a structural frame tube that houses the shaft....so I can't determine where the failure occurred. It appears this is going to be an extensive fix just to separate this mechanism.

Any advice is appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
The left arm moves and when the hydraulics are activated and lifts the mower. It's the right side arm that's broken and moves freely. It appears the whole mechanism is powered from the left side. The broken (right side) arm seems to be attached via a shaft to the left side. However there is a structural frame tube that houses the shaft....so I can't determine where the failure occurred. It appears this is going to be an extensive fix just to separate this mechanism.

Any advice is appreciated.

Jim
The JD parts site has a good picture of the mechanism at
http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts