Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 X580 48A deck & 44 snowblower
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of looking into the 44” or 48” snow blade for my X580. I have the snow blower now and it works good. I then use my ATV with snow blade for scraping down and cleaning up, light snow falls etc. was wondering about replacing the atv blade with the JD blade for my tractor with the rubber edge. Just for light snow and scraping right down to the pavement etc. Does anyone do this or is it feasible to switch attachments back and forth in reality? Or would this be a big pain? The atv works fine too but I can see the hydraulic lift on the tractor would be nice on the blade. Maybe remote angle too. Plus atv is kinda awkward for this use honestly. The one plus to the atv is it pushes like crazy and is 4x4. could I expect any decent pushing performance out of an x580 and blade with my hdap tires and weights?

·
Registered
2017 X580 48A deck & 44 snowblower
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the X370 with the 44" blade with the remote angling kit and blower. While I like the performance of each, I didn't like the way J. D. "engineered" the way to switch attachments. The blower is easy enough, with it's Quick Hitch (that's what I call it, J. D. calls it a Compatibility Kit). What bugged me was you have to remove the Quick hitch to use the blade. Why not make a Quick Hitch mount for the blade?! Check out my post, I am on version 2 and it works great! I am going to possibly modify it again, as it doesn't lift as high as the oem mount. I am also going to add weight to make it scrape better. Stay tuned. Good luck! Jevers
P. S. I too used an atv and my X370 doesn't even come close to the traction of the atv. I have chains and 4 suitcase weights on the back.
Thanks! thats super helpful. I had figured as well the blade would use the same quick hitch. If I am seeing things right the 48" blade does use the same quick hitch as the blower but the 44" does not as you say. So 48" blade would be better from that side, but it also looks a fair bit more complex and expensive for what is really a secondary occasional tool for me. Will think on it some more and thanks for the input. I agree the ATV pushes surprisingly well and I do like having a "plan B" in the ATV just in case I ever had issues with the X580 during a storm.

NIce job on the blade adapter to the quick hitch too, that looks pretty tidy and factory

1 - 2 of 2 Posts