Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I’m trying to replace a cob job fixed auger shaft (previous owner drilled new holes in the auger shaft of the 47” snowblower and that’s where the shaft snapped) my question is how do I get the auger shaft out of the gear box so I can replace it with the new shaft? And if someone has pictures that would be amazing thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
10,480 Posts
There are a number of different auger shaft gearboxes. It would depend on which one you're working on.

·
Super Moderator
10,480 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,259 Posts
I interpreted the OP's request as he wants to replace the auger shaft, not the auger gear box. Although I'm not sure if he is referring to #7, #14 or #1 below. My gut tells me it is probably #7.

Auto part Automotive exterior Font Diagram Parallel

·
Premium Member
17,259 Posts
The shaft #7
I've never had one apart (I have the 54-inch) but I have a feeling that you first need to remove the entire auger assembly from the housing. Then remove the auger bearings and shear bolts and slide each auger off the shaft. Next remove the front cover on the bevel gear drive and you will probably find clips and a key holding the shaft in place. Once removed it probably pulls right out.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Once the Auger assembly is out of the blower housing, the shaft just slides out of the gear box UNLESS someone modified it or it is rusted in. If so, a BFH will probably help persuade it to move.

Reactions: jgayman

·
Super Moderator
10,480 Posts
Multitasking and not thoroughly reading the OP’s post, for some reason I assumed he was talking about the auger drive gear input shaft.

If he does need the auger shaft then it looks like he’s in luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: jgayman
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.