Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed it doing this since I got it last year, but haven't really had time to look at it. Its almost like a blade or something is bent as it's cutting ledges in the grass. I've used the included deck leveling gauge and it didn't seem to help any. What do you guys think? 20150810_192102.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,103 Posts
Your lines look pretty uniform. Any chance you've actually measured the distance between them?

I'd think if you had a bent blade you wouldn't end up with nice straight lines like that. Is it possible that a tire is bending the grass down and you aren't getting enough suction/lift from your blade to stand it back up and cut it off? It may come back up on it's own after a few minutes....

·
Registered
126 Posts
level the blades NOT the deck. Throw that deck leveling tool away. Also, check tire pressure and make sure gauge wheels are set proper.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I had an issue with my 318 where one of the blades was lower than the rest. Depending how much you over hang the passes you might be causing the stripe.

You can take a look at the pictures here.

·
Registered
256 Posts
My brand new 530 did the same thing the deck spindles were misaligned ie not parallel from the factory ..cut a stepped lawn and it looked like crap...tried to explain to my local dealer whose service tech stands in as the village idiot..(don't get me started)..ended up removing the deck and spending a half a day realigning the spindles myself (it involves metal work)and it cut's a putting green lawn now..that said I suggest getting a new replacement deck if you can ..under warranty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts