Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea of known issues with the fuel level gauge . This one is not working and could it be anything other than the fuel tank sensor ? Has anyone ever changed it ? i.e. how hard is it to get to ? I would really like it to be functional . Thanks for the help .

·
Premium Member
14,724 Posts
Just wondering if it works at times and then other times have no idea how much fuel you have ! :banghead: Daughters FIL 10 yrs old x585 has been this way since new , dealer tried 2 or 3 times to repair. After the try to repair just learned to fill the tractor with gas every day before doing any work.

I know not what you wanted to hear.. :dunno::dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wondering if it works at times and then other times have no idea how much fuel you have ! :banghead: Daughters FIL 10 yrs old x585 has been this way since new , dealer tried 2 or 3 times to repair. After the try to repair just learned to fill the tractor with gas every day before doing any work.

I know not what you wanted to hear.. :dunno::dunno:
It moves about 1/16" off empty and that's it . Thanks .

·
Premium Member
14,724 Posts
No his will show it is full when the tank is full. OK. Then as the hours count up the tank should show less fuel . Well sometimes shows 3/4 then next minute shows maybe a 1/4 tank.

I have noticed I tightened the ground wire at the engine mount it seems to have helped some ,,,. I just fill his tank every time I go and use his x585.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts