Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used X540 and it has a mower deck on it- and a front snow blade came along: I can not see any diagram etc. for how to get the power lift to move the blade up and down: Does anybody have a picture etc? There were no additonal rods etc that came with it and I am trying to see just how the blade attaches to the lift system:

thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,576 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
The manual is here.

OM153332_G5
Just out of curiosity, I looked at the manual as a couple of my neighbors have these machines. None of them move snow with their tractors, but I was curious how it worked. Quite different than many others I am familiar with. Based upon your experience with a variety of Deere models, are there others using this same lift and angle mechanisms which are on the plow for this tractor? I don't recall seeing any set up like this and wondered if it unique to this model.....

Thanks for the reply and tell Bob and Buddy Hello................:good2:

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Just out of curiosity, I looked at the manual as a couple of my neighbors have these machines. None of them move snow with their tractors, but I was curious how it worked. Quite different than many others I am familiar with. Based upon your experience with a variety of Deere models, are there others using this same lift and angle mechanisms which are on the plow for this tractor? I don't recall seeing any set up like this and wondered if it unique to this model.....

That's like the first generation quick hitch for the x5xx series. I believe now it attaches somewhat like the x7xx series.

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Registered
9,561 Posts

The attachment manuals have all the needed information unless there is an intermediary like a quick hitch. I didn’t have time to read the manual when I posted the link but it looks like the installation section shows the lift options.

OM153332_G5

Your 455 is the same, you need the attachment manuals to know how to mount them absent prior knowledge. That’s been the same since 63. I have my 110 manual a 38 mower and 42 6 way blade. I still need a 6 way blade to go with the manual. I want the 63 to be a umbrella holder but could mow my postage stamp with it to make it work. I have my 140 for plowing so the 42 would just be for special occasions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts