Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It been a while since my last up date on the X540 and the WIFE:)
The wife has recovered very well from the hand surgeries and is back at work:yahoo:. I finally felt good enough today to take the MMM off the X540 and install the lifting rockshaft and linkage for the snow plow, the dealer would have done it for me, but the plow came in a week after I recived the tractor and I told him I could handle it. It was not a hard job, just some crawling around under the tractor for some of the install and some :read & :think:.
I do admit I miss the auto connect on the 1026R but it was not to bad of a job to remove the MMM, and the snow plow will go on and off very easy now that the hardware is mounted:thumbup1gif:. I did the first oil change at 8hrs per the manual and to date I only have 10hrs on the tractor, 99% of that is mowing. I will admit I don't seem to look for stuff to do with X540 like I did with the 1026R but all in all I am happy with X540:good2:. Another thing I like is the seat. I know we all like the seat on the 1026R, but it always felt like I was laying back in it due to no back recline feature, The X540 has a 21'' high back seat that is molded closer to 90* and supports my back better than the others. JD should consider this on the 2X20 tractors as I feel it is a better seat:unknown:.
I know Brian wanted pics of the snow plow, so here are a few, will get some more when it snows:laugh::drinks:
The last pic is of my climate controil and entertainment system in the shed, we are high tec around here:lol:

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,462 Posts
Glad to hear your wife is doing ok! :drinks:

So now that the hardware is installed, is the plow fast and easy to install? Does the hardware stay on and compatible with the mower?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,618 Posts
Really like the rear tires. I have the same climate control in our garage, never breaks either.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear your wife is doing ok! :drinks:

So now that the hardware is installed, is the plow fast and easy to install? Does the hardware stay on and compatible with the mower?
Yeh, the rockshaft and linkage stay on but every thing else is easy on and off on the plow. The MMM has to be removed to use the plow, that takes about 10 minutes to take off.:good2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts