Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
BOBL you seem quite sure this is going to jam up. Since I have zero experience with this and you have much I should probably listen. Plus doing things in my nice warm shop is better than in a cold garage where I don’t have my tools with me. My only hesitation is all the work I went through to get that clamped shut. 😂

I am glad you posted the link because I was trying to figure out what you were talking about since the two pieces are 90° to each other. Thank you.
Herm,

Give the blade a workout before you pass judgement on the link. Your design is newer than mine was, so things might have changed.

Also, if you decide to purchase the shackle it is the length from pin to pin that is most important. However, if you check the length, you'll notice that in many cases the pin size increases. Be careful as that site I listed is for an example only.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Herm, you truly are the master of details.......I am always impressed how you don't miss any of the details and your work product is always outstanding.

You are in the 1% for sure, or in the spirit of old western movies with Jimmy Stewart, your projects would be "one in a thousand", like the infamous Winchester Rifle in the often made "Winchester 73" movie........truth is, only the original with Jimmy Stewart was any good................

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks SB but it has taken 50 some years of mistakes to get to that point. Of course there are still refresher courses that pop up here and there as well.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts