Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my 2016 X 570 it surges up and down and after letting it warm up and trying to engage the blades it stalls. Keep in mind it sits in a heated garage and only has 29 hours on it. Anyone else ever had these issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Two years old and 29 hours, works out to about 16 minutes a week.
My guess is fuel/carb related.

With ethanol in fuel these days, it doesnt store as well as non-ethanol fuels did. It attracts water, and in general doesnt play well with fuel systems, even when they are designed to use it, if the equipment isnt used often.
If you arent going through much fuel each year, Id use a smaller gas can, and treat it every time you fill up to make sure it stays fresh as long as possible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks for the responses. I bought it a few months ago and it was originally purchased in May of 2017 by the original owner. He passed earlier this year and it sat in his garage until I bought it. Since I picked it up I have run NON ethanol gas in it. Had one issue while mowing my lawn and it started sputtering. I shut the PTO off and it cleared up. Keep in mind I bought it with 9 hours on it and have put the 20 on it in the last few months. I just talked to the dealer about it and it will be going down to them next week to be looked at. Just put the blower on last night as we have 6+ inches of snow coming so I will keep it until Monday. Lol don’t feel like shoveling.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay change the filter but it’s still idling up and down unless I give it a little choke then it clears up. I’m gonna grab some sea food and try that. I have a video but doesn’t seem to allow me to upload it.

·
Premium Member
12,191 Posts
Okay change the filter but it’s still idling up and down unless I give it a little choke then it clears up. I’m gonna grab some sea food and try that. I have a video but doesn’t seem to allow me to upload it.

Hmmm... it would be nice to hear it. I don't think you can load videos directly to GTT. Can you upload it to YouTube and then share the link?

Also, if you get some fuel treatment be sure to get Sea FOAM not Sea FOOD. That sea food will really gum up the carb. (Sorry - couldn't resist)

:hide:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm... it would be nice to hear it. I don't think you can load videos directly to GTT. Can you upload it to YouTube and then share the link?

Also, if you get some fuel treatment be sure to get Sea FOAM not Sea FOOD. That sea food will really gum up the carb. (Sorry - couldn't resist)

:hide:
Okay I will upload it to YouTube. Thanks on the seafood. Lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So here is a video of the first trip out with my John Deere X570 with the 44” snowblower. Let’s just say I wasn’t overly impressed. As you will see in my video it seems to push the snow rather than draw it into the shoot. Then once it builds up it just falls out the side and that’s with me taking less than half the width of the blower. It seems like they need to maybe make the box deeper so the snow can get into the primary stage. Any ideas on how to improve this? Keep in mind the blower is brand new and the tractor only has 29 hours.

John Deere x570 snowblower 44” - YouTube

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Travel speed too fast.
It’s not a plow.
Watching your discharge chute, you are at capacity with that thrower.
A deeper housing would only prolong, slightly, the snow buildup.
It appears as though that’s a wet snow too, which is harder on the blower.

If you haven’t used a tractor mounted snowblower before, they involve a learning curve.
Luckily you have a two stage.
The older single stage is an even steeper learning curve, as you have to keep it fed....meaning not only can you go too fast, you can go too slow too.
It’s second nature to me, but I’ve been using my combo for 30 years...so that helps, lol!

·
Premium Member
12,191 Posts
Travel speed too fast.
It’s not a plow.

If you haven’t used a tractor mounted snowblower before, they involve a learning curve.
The older single stage is an even steeper learning curve, as you have to keep it fed....meaning not only can you go too fast, you can go too slow too.
It’s second nature to me, but I’ve been using my combo for 30 years...so that helps, lol!
^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said....

·
Registered
58 Posts
So here is a video of the first trip out with my John Deere X570 with the 44” snowblower. Let’s just say I wasn’t overly impressed. As you will see in my video it seems to push the snow rather than draw it into the shoot. Then once it builds up it just falls out the side and that’s with me taking less than half the width of the blower. It seems like they need to maybe make the box deeper so the snow can get into the primary stage. Any ideas on how to improve this? Keep in mind the blower is brand new and the tractor only has 29 hours.

John Deere x570 snowblower 44” - YouTube

I had a similar problem with my Ariens. Turns out it was delivered with one of the tines installed backwards.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Travel speed too fast.
It’s not a plow.

My old walk behind EFI Ariens would kick the throttle up when it ran into a load of snow. Does the Kawasaki on the X570 do the same thing. It sounded like it kicked up a few times.

It does plow well too

·
Registered
648 Posts
High speed jet too lean, or crap in the carb.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
High speed jet too lean, or crap in the carb.
You have to give the blower a chance to eat it. Especially with heavy wet snow.

If adding choke clears up your running problem it's definitely fuel related. Had a similar issue only at idle instead of full throttle. It took pulling the carb to clean the dirt out. I'd definitely try cleaner first. I did but it didn't help long term. Sometimes manual removal is the only thing that will work. Doesn't take much of a blockage to cause a problem. My engine was also lower hours and running non ethanol fuel.

Another note is cleaning the carb is not covered by the warranty. However damaging the carb is way more expensive than having a dealership tech clean it. So if you are not experienced with carbs let them do it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You have to give the blower a chance to eat it. Especially with heavy wet snow.

If adding choke clears up your running problem it's definitely fuel related. Had a similar issue only at idle instead of full throttle. It took pulling the carb to clean the dirt out. I'd definitely try cleaner first. I did but it didn't help long term. Sometimes manual removal is the only thing that will work. Doesn't take much of a blockage to cause a problem. My engine was also lower hours and running non ethanol fuel.

Another note is cleaning the carb is not covered by the warranty. However damaging the carb is way more expensive than having a dealership tech clean it. So if you are not experienced with carbs let them do it.
Yeah I am pretty handy and will probably check the carb myself so I know it’s done right.

After doing 4 driveways my left leg is pretty tired. Wishing I had the hydraulic lift of the x590. In fact I was looking on CL for one and found one with 80 hours on it.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Yeah I am pretty handy and will probably check the carb myself so I know it’s done right.

After doing 4 driveways my left leg is pretty tired. Wishing I had the hydraulic lift of the x590. In fact I was looking on CL for one and found one with 80 hours on it.

The power lift is worth it's weight in gold. lol Really pays off with the plow vs the mower deck.

I used a small orange screw driver that came with one of my Stihl tools to remove the jets. Worked like a charm and really saved my bacon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The power lift is worth it's weight in gold. lol Really pays off with the plow vs the mower deck.

I used a small orange screw driver that came with one of my Stihl tools to remove the jets. Worked like a charm and really saved my bacon.
I’m probably gonna look for an electric lift for mine unless I can sell it and pick up a 590 for a few bucks more used. Love the Accel deck on the newer mower.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts