Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an OTC hard top cab on my X580. Attached to the cab by the foot pads are 2 long springs. The instructions say you are suppose to attach the springs to the foot pad some where to hold the cab on. For the life of me I can't see any place to attach the springs. The problem is on the right side, the forward/reverse pedals and their connecting levers take
up pretty much all the good places to connect the spring. I'd be willing to drill a hole some where, but I can't find a good spot that won't interfere with the pedals. If any one has put an OTC cab on their tractor, could you please let me know where you attached the springs ? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
:wgtt:

Hopefully someone will chime in . I'd like to see what it looks like . :munch::munch:

·
Registered
449 Posts
That's a nice looking cab, checked it out on their website since I also have a x580.

Watched their install video hoping to get you an answer and at the 12:18 mark, all he does is reach under and attaches the spring. No close up or under frame shot. The install instructions are also useless on that point.

Please post a picture after install and any other tips you discovered installing yours.

Install Video
https://youtu.be/jsoioRCPAWs

Reactions: TJR345

·
Premium Member
13,077 Posts
I've heard very good things about OTC cabs. Give them a call Monday morning and I'm sure they can help you out.

[h=1]Contact Us[/h]
Original Tractor Cab Co
6849 W Front St
PO Box 97
Arlington IN 46104
Phone: (Toll Free)

800-247-5305
Customer Service Hours:

8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m. Central Time

Monday through Thursday
08:00 a.m. - 1:00p.m.
Friday

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought I'd share my solution. I got some eye bolts and put them in an existing hole in the frame. Then I made
a loop out of 2 zip ties. Then I attached the spring to that. So far the zip ties are holding and the cab is
staying on.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts