Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a JD X580 that I just recently purchased and I was able to get the lawn sweeper locally 2nd hand for cheap and now I am looking at the front dethatcher so I can dethatch and sweep in one swoop. With the front dethatcher I understand it needs to be lifted when turning so my question is, is there any attachment I can utilize with the existing tractor system that will lift it? Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a JD X580 that I just recently purchased and I was able to get the lawn sweeper locally 2nd hand for cheap and now I am looking at the front dethatcher so I can dethatch and sweep in one swoop. With the front dethatcher I understand it needs to be lifted when turning so my question is, is there any attachment I can utilize with the existing tractor system that will lift it? Thank you in advance.
Do you have two hydraulic ports on the side of the tractor? Or is the hydraulic lift only controlled on the dash and there aren't free ports on the side like the x7xx tractors?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have two hydraulic ports on the side of the tractor? Or is the hydraulic lift only controlled on the dash and there aren't free ports on the side like the x7xx tractors?
Hi and thank you for the response. No hydraulic ports. The hydraulic on it only controls the lift unfortunately

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Hi and thank you for the response. No hydraulic ports. The hydraulic on it only controls the lift unfortunately
Darn so you'll be stuck with the factory spring loaded lift. If I recall it is LP48005. They also sell 8" wing extensions for that thing increasing it from 38" to 54" part number LP48003

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darn so you'll be stuck with the factory spring loaded lift. If I recall it is LP48005. They also sell 8" wing extensions for that thing increasing it from 38" to 54" part number LP48003
That's what I thought. I think the wing extensions will help so thank you for the information. Next year I'll trade up to the 700 series or just go into a 1023e. I'm surprised for the front dethatcher even with the lift handle there isn't a simple mechanical hydraulic on a bracket. Probably not too hard to fabricate something. I must says the x580 is really nice and the power steering is awesome.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello All; I also have a X580 really nice machine and would like to use the front dethatching attachment also ; any other input would be appreciated.Thanks John

·
Registered
309 Posts
I put a used dethatcher on my X540 last spring. I was able to jury rig the older bracket and saved a lot of money. I did a thread on it. I’m no good with attaching links. I would bet you could search it or just find my old posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts