Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although my 2016 x580 has been a very hard working and dependable machine, my needs are out-growing its capabilities. I am at the point where I want to do more to my property from general clean-up to clearing to hauling wood from deeper on the lot. I have been using the 580 to mow, maintain the driveway, light duty grading/clearing, hauling, snow removal, etc., but doing some of those chores with the 580 still involve a lot of back breaking, manual labor. I am also getting tired of removing the deck to do my grading work (don't have to, but the deck width and ground clearance causes issues) or removing the sleeve hitch to convert over to my spreader and sprayer. So, I've decided to add a 1025R to my arsenal, keeping the x580 for mowing and other light tasks.

Went to my dealer yesterday for a talk about what I wanted and he was going to put together a quote and send it over in the morning. Just got the quote and here is what I'm looking at:

2021 1025R (no mower, R4 tires)
120R Loader
iMatch Quick Hitch
Frontier 48" Box Blade

Quote for the package is $17,748.00 plus tax. That doesn't include the $500 discount if I go with JD financing, which I probably will (either the 0% for 60 or the 0.9% for 72). For comparison, if I go through the Buy Online on JD.com, it ends up totaling $20,059.

Been reading the threads about the RK25, and I have gone and looked at those. Pricing a RK25 spec'd out like the JD package comes out to $16,788.98 online. That's only roughly $950 cheaper. Not enough difference for me when you add in the availability of JD accessories/parts and dealer support.

Before I head back to the dealer and make the final deal, any suggestions on anything to add to the package? After reading the other thread (Just ordered a 1025R - Some details...), I think I will add 4 more 42 weights (already have 4) in to the deal.

Reactions: TPS

·
Registered
241 Posts
Have the dealer fill your rear tires with fluid and perhaps consider getting some ballast for the 3 point, depending on what your box blade weighs.

Edit: okay I see you have weights. Don't forget to grab a spare key as well.

·
Registered
576 Posts
That’s not enough ballast for the loader. According to the 120r loader’s manual, minimum required 3ph ballast is 580lb. I would make sure that you have a way to attach that much ballast to the rear in either suitcase weights or buy a ballast box. There is a whole chart in the manual, I recommend you take a look.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s not enough ballast for the loader. According to the 120r loader’s manual, minimum required 3ph ballast is 580lb. I would make sure that you have a way to attach that much ballast to the rear in either suitcase weights or buy a ballast box. There is a whole chart in the manual, I recommend you take a look.
I'll be hanging the box blade on it most of the time, can add the suitcase weights on that. So box blade is 360 pounds plus up to 8 suitcase that I will have (8 X 42 = 336) will give me a total of 696 pounds of available ballast, more than the recommended 580. Also going to get the rear tires filled

·
Registered
287 Posts
Things will never get cheaper especially if you go with 0%. I think you are wise to keep the 580. I use an RFM and added an X540/54” three years ago. I’m glad I never did a MMM on my 2305.

Get a least a dozen 42 lb weights. They will be handy when you get your Heavy Hitch. Are you likely to use a grapple? The Deere AVF?20 looks pretty good, especially if financed. What about forks? I waited a dozen years to get forks, WAY TOO LONG. Get them now. A Front Hoe or Stump Bucket can really be a big plus if you don’t have a backhoe.

Good luck

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
x2 What fortclatsop said (y)

I didn't buy enough stuff during finance and now I buy out of pocket. Wish I knew then what I know now.......

Reactions: FortClatsop

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've decided to add another 4 weights. That will bring my total to 12 (4 on hand, 8 with new tractor). Also going to order the Heavy Hitch Dual Weight bracket, that will bring my total available ballast to 637 pounds (12*42=504, plus 63 for the Heavy Hitch, plus 70 for the iMatch).

The HH weight bracket will come in real handy since it has a 2" receiver on it. Need that for moving trailers and the log splitter. Currently I use a HH sleeve hitch adapter on the x580 for moving those items. Hopefully, once I have the 1025, I can remove the sleeve hitch from the 580 and never put it back on, just a pain in the butt switching back and forth between the hitch and my spreader/sprayer mount. Figure while I'm spending money at Heavy Hitch, might as well get the Tooth Bar for the bucket.

Also going to add a few more attachments to the tractor order. James River has a "Stack & Save" special going on for attachments when purchased with a new 1-5 series tractor. Their deal is 10% off highest priced, 15% off second highest, 20% off third highest and 25% off fourth highest. Think I'll add a landscape rake and a regular rear blade to the deal.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went and sat and and test drove a handful of tractors when I bought mine. LS, RK, JD and Kubota. To me JD was the cream of the crop in comfort. Followed by Kubota, LS and then RK. RK was the worst and was an immediate nope by me. I dont know how anyone drives them as I sat down and within 30 seconds said this is the worst laid out tractor ive ever seen.

Get your attachments now. do it under the JD financing. I wish I would have added a few attachments in with the loan and spread the cost out over a few years.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Piggybacking on - I did a search and I read somewhere that I can't find now that the HH double bracket has a clearance issue somewhere (possibly only when packing all 16 weights).

Any feedback on this? I love the thought of a weight bracket that does ballast box weight capacity but has bettter clearance and the 42# weights can be used for other duties.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Piggybacking on - I did a search and I read somewhere that I can't find now that the HH double bracket has a clearance issue somewhere (possibly only when packing all 16 weights).

Any feedback on this? I love the thought of a weight bracket that does ballast box weight capacity but has bettter clearance and the 42# weights can be used for other duties.
IIRC I thought there was interference when using 3 point directly but all the weights would fit while attached to the imatch quick hitch.

Reactions: Rule292

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I was concerned about the clearance for the inside facing weights too. I came across these 2 threads that basically say with an iMatch Quick Hitch on your tractor, not an issue. Without iMatch there are clearance problems on the inside facing (can only fit 6).

Heavy Hitch dual weight bracket configuration
See post 11 by Heavy Hitch

Dual hitch with eight weights on the inside

Reactions: Rule292

·
Registered
514 Posts
I was concerned about the clearance for the inside facing weights too. I came across these 2 threads that basically say with an iMatch Quick Hitch on your tractor, not an issue. Without iMatch there are clearance problems on the inside facing (can only fit 6).

Heavy Hitch dual weight bracket configuration
See post 11 by Heavy Hitch

Dual hitch with eight weights on the inside

Thanks! That's what I was looking at/for!

I still think an HH with weights is probably the way I will want go to. Especially since it has the 2" receive so I can move my trailer around with the tractor if need be.

I don't yet have an iMatch since I just got the tractor. I'm still a greenhorn with this machine so for now I'll just keep the backhoe on and take it slow.

First thing ima gonna get is some mirrors. I can't handle vehicles without good mirrors.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My dealer just called and my new 1025R is ready to go, just need to get over there and sign the final papers. Hopefully it can be in the driveway tonight or tomorrow!!!

Will post the required pictures as soon as it is.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks! That's what I was looking at/for!

I still think an HH with weights is probably the way I will want go to. Especially since it has the 2" receive so I can move my trailer around with the tractor if need be.

I don't yet have an iMatch since I just got the tractor. I'm still a greenhorn with this machine so for now I'll just keep the backhoe on and take it slow.

First thing ima gonna get is some mirrors. I can't handle vehicles without good mirrors.
I have a 1025R on order and I'm going with the Heavy Hitch Offset. You can fit (8) 70-pound suitcase weights on it with no interference with the rear components. The suitcase weights (560 pounds) plus the Heavy Hitch Offset (52 pounds) plus the iMatch (50 pounds?) will give an approximate total of 662 pounds of flexible rear ballast. The Offset bracket also stays closer to the rear of the tractor than the Dual bracket. Here's TTWT's video showing the different models...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New 1025R just got delivered!!! Still waiting on the rear blade and landscape rake, should be ready for pick-up by Monday.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Pretty nice looking green machine. Best of luck, and have fun!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts