Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of servicing my X584 and in the Service Intervals section of the Owner's Manual it says to lubricate the 3 front axle zerk fittings (no problem), but it also says to lubricate the Front Steering Link. There is no write-up in the Service section of the manual showing where this fitting is located. I have also looked at the steering schematic in the Serivce Manual and they don't reference a steering fitting either, just the 3 fittings on the axle.

Ok, I can take a joke. Where is the Front Steering Link fitting on the X584? It implies this is also a zerk fitting but try as I might, I cannot locate another fitting. Or maybe you just put oil someplace instead of lube?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
There might not be one on the steering link if they switched to a sealed link.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CJadamec:

Thanks for the reply. One would hope that would update their manual if this is the case but it wouldn't be the first time if they didn't.

Have a great weekend.

·
Premium Member
15,955 Posts
CJadamec:

Thanks for the reply. One would hope that would update their manual if this is the case but it wouldn't be the first time if they didn't.

Have a great weekend.
It looks like they updated the lubrication section but not the maintenance interval chart. Also, JD Parts does not show any zerks on the power steering cylinder.

Maintenance Chart

Lubrication Section

Reactions: gdow
1 - 4 of 4 Posts