1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a pair of Luyed 2 x 1700 lumens LED bulbs from Amazon $18. Here's a comparison of the LED and the incandescent 1156 bulbs. I handle all vehicle bulbs with rubber gloves so not to let oils from my hands causing a bulb to break when it heats up.

View attachment 647752

A pic of the LED bulb face.

View attachment 647754

They are way bright.

View attachment 647756
Those look great. Can you add the link to those on Amazon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just ordered 2 pair. Thanks for the picture, and thanks for the link.

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
I ordered a pair of Luyed 2 x 1700 lumens LED bulbs from Amazon $18. Here's a comparison of the LED and the incandescent 1156 bulbs. I handle all vehicle bulbs with rubber gloves so not to let oils from my hands causing a bulb to break when it heats up.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/LUYED-Lumens-Extremely-Chipsets-Brightest/dp/B01H57FXWA/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1536625653&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=luyed+2+x+1700&psc=1
The X590 bulbs are type 1156 like you list but the Amazon link that you provided shows a bulb of a completely different type.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey CMS1528.

Do you think the cars will see me this winter while I'm plowing at night??

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Jeez, the picture blinded me.:lol:

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Hey CMS1528.

Do you think the cars will see me this winter while I'm plowing at night??
They will as long as they are in front of or behind you. Do you ever cross the road? If so, you will be hard to see. Ironically most tractor lighting is limited to front and back with no side markers. I installed a Class-1 LED strobe beacon on my 2720 to give me more side visibility when plowing near the road.

·
Registered
358 Posts
They will as long as they are in front of or behind you. Do you ever cross the road? If so, you will be hard to see. Ironically most tractor lighting is limited to front and back with no side markers. I installed a Class-1 LED strobe beacon on my 2720 to give me more side visibility when plowing near the road.
Now you've done it. More than 30 years ago I got wacked using a snow blower at night. My wife came into my office while I was reading your post and now Little Miss Nosey thinks I need a strobe light. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Looks great. Just ordered for my 590. Thanks for sharing. Now I need to find LED bulbs for my 2320 :good2:

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
These are the same bulbs I put in my 425's headlights. And what I just took out of my 425 headlights to put into the flashers on my 1025r. They are VERY bright lights.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Has anyone using these bulbs had any failures at this point?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts