Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased my 2017 X590 with 48" JD Plow, remote angle, Poly blade edge, 3 Suitcase weights, tire chains. My driveway is paved, and slight grade to it. Neighbors driveway is pretty steep and paved also. I plowed both our driveways this winter, I did install the weights, but did not even install the chains. Plow did a awesome job. Never had one problem. It was a real beast.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Do you have the HDAP's. I put them on my 345 and haven't touched chains since.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Purchased my 2017 X590 with 48" JD Plow, remote angle, Poly blade edge, 3 Suitcase weights, tire chains. My driveway is paved, and slight grade to it. Neighbors driveway is pretty steep and paved also. I plowed both our driveways this winter, I did install the weights, but did not even install the chains. Plow did a awesome job. Never had one problem. It was a real beast.
Sure beats the heck out of a shovel! I find I have to practice my acting skills with my wife to make it seem like I really don't want to go out and take care of that stupid snow. :laugh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HDAP's

I have only the standard turf tires, and they work great. However this summer i'll be getting the HDAP's only because i think they look great, and i just ordered the Johnny Bucket JR. and I think they will help.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Sure beats the heck out of a shovel! I find I have to practice my acting skills with my wife to make it seem like I really don't want to go out and take care of that stupid snow. :laugh:
Anything but a shovel beats a shovel. Unless you have someone else to operate it for you. lol

As far as acting goes. That's for guys with cab equipped tractors. lol
She should at least feel bad for you working out in the cold.
After all you could sprain a finger working that power steering and lift lever. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time on my JD is like meditation.

I know i'm nuts, but I actually enjoy plowing snow with my JD. I look forward to the snowfall. I agree, I also go outside to plow, way before it's needed. Not because I have to, I do actually also say, " Honey, I better go get a jump on it before there is to much to plow" LOL, sometimes if I know were getting 4", I'll go out at around 2", then again at end of storm. Especially at night it's so peaceful. Then of course you always need to throw in a few " wow, it the snow was tuff ". Meanwhile i'm almost running to the garage to get on the tractor. This Friday were getting some snow, I took the day off! only because i enjoy moving the snow.!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I have only the standard turf tires, and they work great. However this summer i'll be getting the HDAP's only because i think they look great, and i just ordered the Johnny Bucket JR. and I think they will help.
HDAP's are better than any turf tires I ever used.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Are HDAP tires only for the rear ?
Yes, but only on certain 500 series tractors. The 4WD 700 series tractors have them front and back. However the 2WD 700 series are only available with turfs.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Yes, but only on certain 500 series tractors. The 4WD 700 series tractors have them front and back. However the 2WD 700 series are only available with turfs.
Must have changed that recently on the X700 signature 2WD because before you use to have 3 options for the rear tires Turf,AG or HDAP:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
My X590 setup. After buying the cab and defroster, we’ve barely had a dusting the last few years.

Yeah I Bought a snow Blower for my X748 based On all the snow I use to get. It was great for the winter of 2014 & 2015 But since then I could Have gotten away with a Front Blade which I used for years.

I am actually going to take my blower off and Put the Blade on my 1025R. I still want the Cab because it keeps me out of the wind:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
My X590 setup. After buying the cab and defroster, we’ve barely had a dusting the last few years.

That's a nice setup you got there. Looks like it has all the bells and whistles.

How good do them lights on the grill guard work? I was considering doing something similar to mine.

Are you running away ballast on the rear?

·
Registered
147 Posts
That's a nice setup you got there. Looks like it has all the bells and whistles.

How good do them lights on the grill guard work? I was considering doing something similar to mine.

Are you running away ballast on the rear?

https://youtu.be/K5AURgqg2Hg

They work great, except they are a little blocked facing forward. However I have two that face forward and two facing to the side so the side lights work very well. I also have two lights on the front of the cab and one on the rear.

4 suitcase weights are on the rear for ballast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts