Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The seat height on my X590 is higher than that of an X570. I don't like this. I'm trying to figure out why without going back to the dealership. They seem to have the same seat base, and the "deluxe" seat doesn't seam to be any higher.

Do any of you know the reason? Is it just the seat itself? Is it thinner?

·
Premium Member
12,145 Posts
I can't comment on the seat cushion height but I was going to get a high back seat for my X500 and then realized the high back would impede my ability to turn around to access my utility bucket and things in my 17P cart. With the low seat you can turn slightly and swing your arm back and easily reach things behind the tractor. So while there is no question the high back seat is plenty comfortable, from a utility standpoint it gets in the way a bit.

It seems the more comfort you have the less functionality. I go back to the old metal seat pan that was on my Ford 9N. It was comfortable enough and it was very easy to spin around left or right to see when operating a rear implement. Fast forward to a new CUT with a high back seat with arm rests and it's a struggle to turn around to have good visibility to the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I now have the answer to my question (why is the X590 seat higher than an X570 seat).

Short answer: because I'm dumb! :)

Long answer: it's not higher...the X570 I sat on had the seat much more forward, and the way these things are designed, the more forward the seat, the lower the seat height (the track/platform is tilted).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts