Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two different Deere suitcase weights. They appear to identical, Deere justs seems to have changed the part number. I ask because I have a line on a set of the old part numbered ones and can't see why either wouldn't fit my X590. Correct me I'm wrong but didn't Deere recently revamp their parts system, I assume that means changing part number too. Thanks.

Old Part Number: R66949
John Deere 42-lb Weight- R66949

New Part Number: UC13263
John Deere 42-lb Quick-Tach Suitcase Weight - UC13263

·
Premium Member
10,698 Posts
JD did recently do some revisions to the parts site (not JD Parts) but it didn't appear to involve a wholesale revision to part numbers.

However, as you can see below, the part number for the suitcase weight has changed. UC13263 is the current part number. Otherwise they are the same part.

Part Number:
UC13263
Replaces Part:R66949
Part Price:59.91 USD
On Hand:
39 Check Other Stores
Description:Weight - WEIGHT, WEIGHT, 20KG SUITCASE WEIGH
Package Quantity:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I believe the handle style maybe is the difference. The old handle was more square and closer to the top the new handle is round and lower. Fit and function is the same. Somebody probably mashed a finger with the old design prompting a change. The handle change maybe even older than this change.

Other big issue is China, almost all machine counter weights and cast weights came from China. With tariffs and theisdues of them closing foundry’s for weeks at a time with air quality most weights have shifted to India as the source.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts