Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
I currently own a 2018 X590 with 48A deck and powerflow 2 bagger. This is my second X590 (2015) and previously owned an X540 (2102) both equipped the same (48C deck and powerflow). I use it only to mow the yard at the farm. The 48A deck does a better job of cutting grass than the 48C. My only complaint with the 48A is the method to remove the drive belt (3/8" ratchet needed). At the farm I have about two (2) acres to mow with many "obstacles" and the terrain is not very level. With a 54" deck I would end up scalping many areas and not being able to mow in some tight spots. It does seem to use slightly more fuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm leaving soon to pick up a new to me 18-X590, first "Green Machine" for me.
Going to put in shop and go through everything, change lubricants, thinking about a brush guard, it sounds like the hoods are pretty expensive.
I also plan to purchase a bagger soon.
Nice forum here, lots of good info

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm leaving soon to pick up a new to me 18-X590, first "Green Machine" for me.
Going to put in shop and go through everything, change lubricants, thinking about a brush guard, it sounds like the hoods are pretty expensive.
I also plan to purchase a bagger soon.
Nice forum here, lots of good info
I have a brush guard installed on my X590. Not a bad investment just in case you "bump into something". There is a front bumper on the X590 but the guard will protect the front grille and hood. One removes a pin to tilt the guard so you can open the hood. Not sure where you live but check dealer price then watch eBay and Craigslist. Good luck with your new "toy".

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i ended up not getting any accumulation aside from a little on the grass. i would be discouraged but ive gotten plenty of use out of my blade doing some driveway work and leveling out an area for the raised garden beds that have now been built. its proven very useful doing "dirt work".

21 - 24 of 24 Posts