Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2018 or 19 X590 and was wondering how you like it. Also anyone has the 30" tiller for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Neighbor bought one late last year. Already has issues with it at only 10 hrs. Starts right up cold but has a miss or something till warmed up. Then the rpms are constantly going up and down about 200-300 rpm. Then it's hard to start once warmed up. And a pulley for the drive belt rattles really bad when he first starts it up. The accel deck is marginally better than the edge deck on his 2009 Deere from his opinion and from what I've seen so far. Supposedly it's going in to the dealer this week. Needless to say he's not a happy camper.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 2015 590 with 85 hours. Its been trouble free so far. Fires right up and takes car of business. I'm running a 54" deep deck and find it mows faster and smoother than my x540 with the 54" edge. I also pull a Cyclone Rake for leaves in the fall, which it handles very well. I am quite pleased with mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2018 with a 48 inch deck, would have gone to the larger deck but it was going into a specific building on the property that would not accommodate the wider deck. I've had zero issues with it but then I only used it through one summer and some of the fall early winter. I really enjoy mine immensely.

·
Registered
36 Posts
X590

We have an X590 on its third season. Purchased midway in the season 2 years back. We got a snow blower with it. 79 hours on the meter and the tractor works well. The 54" deep deck does a nice job. The fuel injection allows starts in cold weather. I would buy this one again. I did add the grill guard to protect the hood. I serviced the tranny last fall and find this thing service friendly all around.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Don’t have the 590, but I do have the 580. I think 2017? Only difference is fuel injection and a nicer seat. Mine is a tank. Put gator blades on it and it mows great. Just bought a house with fields on the property. Grass was four foot high. I don’t have a rotary mower yet so I raised the deck and mowed the field. I was amazed that it handled it. Had to go over it twice, 580 never missed a beat. Mine starts in the winter just fine. Starts up every time. Love it.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 2018 with a 48 inch deck, would have gone to the larger deck but it was going into a specific building on the property that would not accommodate the wider deck. I've had zero issues with it but then I only used it through one summer and some of the fall early winter. I really enjoy mine immensely.
I'm tossing around the 48 and 54.I have the 54 on my 345 but trees have gotten bigger the last 15 years.
We have an X590 on its third season. Purchased midway in the season 2 years back. We got a snow blower with it. 79 hours on the meter and the tractor works well. The 54" deep deck does a nice job. The fuel injection allows starts in cold weather. I would buy this one again. I did add the grill guard to protect the hood. I serviced the tranny last fall and find this thing service friendly all around.
Good to hear that the service is easy. Nothing wrong with the 345 just like the new decks and the mulch control.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I had a 2017 for one season. Very good machine. I had no actual problems, but I did get a warning light sometimes after starting it. Read that this was a common problem..overactive sensors or something. I'd just shut it down and restart it and the light would go away. Light or no light, it always ran great and did a fantastic job mowing.

The only issue I had with it was a lack of AWD. There were some spots I had to back down if I wanted to get back up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm tossing around the 48 and 54.I have the 54 on my 345 but trees have gotten bigger the last 15 years.

Good to hear that the service is easy. Nothing wrong with the 345 just like the new decks and the mulch control.
In 2016 the 54" deck was paired with knobby tires while the 48 had turf tires.
Not sure if that has changed.
Love the knobby tires, still easy on the grass.

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is my 13th year with an X500. I can't say enough about this machine. It is one fantastic tractor.
My place is full of hills. The K72 never complains. I've never had to replace anything except the battery
which lasted 11 years. Only filters and spark plugs. Not even a belt.
Over the last 4 years my FIL has used the X500 on a regular basis. He has a disability that directly effects
his motor skills which, let's just say makes it difficult for him to be "easy" on equipment. Basically beats the
crap out of it. The X500 just keeps on performing beautifully.
Cuts great. Hauls a trailer full of firewood like a champ.

Just finished my 5th tranny oil change. I run 50W synthetic in the hydro and Rotella T6 in the engine.

The X500 line and it's predecessors (mid line of GTs) are just plain awesome. I also own a GT245 and it's great too.

IMHO, this midline of GTs is where John Deere established it's great reputation with the general public.
You really can't go wrong owning one.

:thumbup1gif:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts