Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
After seeing a deal on CL that was too good to pass up I pulled the trigger. I got a 48c deck and 47" snowblower for x595. The deck and snowblower didn't come with small driveshaft needed. Are they the same and can I get it at tractor supply? A universal one? Does anyone know the length I need? There are so many things to owning, operating safely and maintaining these machines it become a bit overwhelming sometimes. Maybe I'm just over thinking these things as usual. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
Length is critical on these. Both min and max.

They are not the same.

Found at a JD dealer near you.

·
Registered
21,192 Posts
A universal drive shaft will not work. You will need the genuine Deere part.

For the mower deck it looks like #am133970 - $471.16

For the blower #tca12847 - $300.70

I am just guessing at the part number - verify the correct ones with your dealer. Also there may go other associated parts required.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Length is critical on these. Both min and max.

They are not the same.

Found at a JD dealer near you.
Amazed at the speed and the knowledge of folks on here! I assumed I'd have to wait until Tuesday when the dealers open. Worth a try though! Lol Thank you and enjoy your holiday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A universal drive shaft will not work. You will need the genuine Deere part.

For the mower deck it looks like #am133970 - $471.16

For the blower #tca12847 - $300.70

I am just guessing at the part number - verify the correct ones with your dealer. Also there may go other associated parts required.
Thank you! Price for one driveshaft is almost more than I paid for both! Unreal, I hope I at least a get a kiss out of the deal from the dealer.

·
Registered
21,192 Posts
Thank you! Price for one driveshaft is almost more than I paid for both! Unreal, I hope I at least a get a kiss out of the deal from the dealer.

It may very well be less for the blower since I am guessing you have one half of it.

If you got a good deal on the implements you will be OK. It just makes one wonder where the original shafts are...probably sitting in the corner of someone’s garage and they have no idea what they are for.

The parts and pieces for implements are quite expensive. That’s why doing due diligence and research you will know what is missing and how much said parts cost. If nothing else it helps with the negotiation process.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It may very well be less for the blower since I am guessing you have one half of it.

If you got a good deal on the implements you will be OK. It just makes one wonder where the original shafts are...probably sitting in the corner of someone’s garage and they have no idea what they are for.

The parts and pieces for implements are quite expensive. That’s why doing due diligence and research you will know what is missing and how much said parts cost. If nothing else it helps with the negotiation process.
Well thank you, its greatly appreciated. For the snowblower I have the long shaft, it was installed when I bought it. They gentlemen I bought them from received 2 blowers and decks when he got his x585. He purchased everything used as well. I told him how grateful I was for him selling at such a low cost. Told him if I didn't buy them I'd see them on CL tomorrow for quadruple for what he sold them for. Definitely huge for me to find both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts