Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the X739, but wish they still made the equivalent in a diesel. The diesel torque when mulching and climbing hills would be welcome. I love mine, but wish it was a diesel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just ordered a X758 because I read same info as jpmst3 just posted above.
I wanted to have plenty of power for my steep slopes and not have to dump 5 plus gallons of gas into the tractor everytime I mowed.
I already use my diesel dozer and backhoe so I don't mind having another diesel machine.
Hopefully it will last till I'm done.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Reactions: TJR345 and mjncad

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have had my x758 for 6 years now. I went through the same thing trying to decide if I wanted gas or diesel. The difference at that time was $1000. I chose diesel for the economy and torque. Running the snow blower in the heavy snow we get here is important to me. I don’t have auto connect. It can be a pain to get the splines lined up. I’m a diesel mechanic for a living so that helped too. If you are mowing into the wind and burning some sort of bio blend diesel you may smell a little exhaust. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another unless I could get a 1025r with the 758 hood.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just ordered a X758 because I read same info as jpmst3 just posted above.
I wanted to have plenty of power for my steep slopes and not have to dump 5 plus gallons of gas into the tractor everytime I mowed.
I already use my diesel dozer and backhoe so I don't mind having another diesel machine.
Hopefully it will last till I'm done.
Correct, as usual, the government had to impose stupid regulations that eliminated the sale of that model in the US. We did have it in 2011 before the Tier IV regs went into effect. I guess I should have phrased that statement better, I wish they still SOLD the diesel model that both AWD and AWS. A friend of mine has the model from 2011, when you could still buy it domestically.

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
I have the X739, but wish they still made the equivalent in a diesel. The diesel torque when mulching and climbing hills would be welcome. I love mine, but wish it was a diesel.
Correct, as usual, the government had to impose stupid regulations that eliminated the sale of that model in the US. We did have it in 2011 before the Tier IV regs went into effect.
Which machine did we have in 2011 before the Tier IV regs which we no longer have?

Unless I am missing something, the Tier IV regs only impacted machines above 25 HP and the x758 is rated at 24.5 hp. That's also why the 1026r became the 1025r basically de-tuning the same machine to get it below 25 HP threshold. In 2011, there was the x740 - x749 depending upon which drive and steering options were required, but those are now all found in the x750 - x758 (x759 is a Special Edition Machine on the x758 platform).............

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I just read thru the thread and was going to throw in my two pennies. My 758 has been awesome. The amount of grass it can cut and process at speed is amazing. Leaves a beautiful cut. I have a great dealership that I deal with. I have learned to take their word on things because they are usually correct. I was advised to skip the auto connect. I was told that for how easy this deck is to connect, it wasn’t worth the possibility of auto connect problems, which he said happens often. After you connect everything on the deck, raise the deck up enough to clear the blades from the ground. The shaft now can be easily spun to line up the splines. So far, connecting the shaft has been as easy as they said it would be.

Reactions: Grnmachine

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Correct, as usual, the government had to impose stupid regulations that eliminated the sale of that model in the US. We did have it in 2011 before the Tier IV regs went into effect. I guess I should have phrased that statement better, I wish they still SOLD the diesel model that both AWD and AWS. A friend of mine has the model from 2011, when you could still buy it domestically.
I could have Bought a 2012 Model X749 at the same time I Bought My 2012 X748 But another way to do it which would be very expensive is You Buy a X739 then Go Buy the diesel engine for the X758 and Put it In the X739.

The reason a X759 was not Made was two reasons

1.The weight of the Tractor would have require ROPS

2. X749 was the Lowest selling model of the X700 Ultimate series They actually sold less X749 then they sold of the X700 Model even Before the New weight/ROPS regulation Deere was looking at dropping the X749 for North American sales. It always sold well In Europe Because they didn't offer the X729 (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I could have Bought a 2012 Model X749 at the same time I Bought My 2012 X748 But another way to do it which would be very expensive is You Buy a X739 then Go Buy the diesel engine for the X758 and Put it In the X739.

The reason a X759 was not Made was two reasons

1.The weight of the Tractor would have require ROPS

2. X749 was the Lowest selling model of the X700 Ultimate series They actually sold less X749 then they sold of the X700 Model even Before the New weight/ROPS regulation Deere was looking at dropping the X749 for North American sales. It always sold well In Europe Because they didn't offer the X729 (y)

Wow thanks for sharing that X949. I had no idea they offered it overseas but now that they do it debunks all of our theories on why they no longer offer it on this side of the pond.

1.As the picture you posted in post #23 clearly shows adding ROPS isn't a problem.

2.If they are already making the tractor with the only obvious difference is the sticker on the side why not allow it to be sold here? I would understand them dropping the line completely and save on having to build another model but they already build it and build it in the US.

Could be that Deere makes better margins on the 1 series witch would explain why they push it so hard. Every X759 sold could be potential money out of their pocket vs selling a 1 series so why bother. I notice clicking around on deeres UK site they don't seem to push the sub compacts like they do here. No doubt it would still sell horrible and a majority of buyers will be better off with a subcompact but for some rare people like me the awd and aws is perfect for my property and I would not enjoy getting buy with anything less.

I wonder if you knew they right dealer if you could grab one before it made it on the boat.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Wow thanks for sharing that X949. I had no idea they offered it overseas but now that they do it debunks all of our theories on why they no longer offer it on this side of the pond.

1.As the picture you posted in post #23 clearly shows adding ROPS isn't a problem.

2.If they are already making the tractor with the only obvious difference is the sticker on the side why not allow it to be sold here? I would understand them dropping the line completely and save on having to build another model but they already build it and build it in the US.

Could be that Deere makes better margins on the 1 series witch would explain why they push it so hard. Every X759 sold could be potential money out of their pocket vs selling a 1 series so why bother. I notice clicking around on deeres UK site they don't seem to push the sub compacts like they do here. No doubt it would still sell horrible and a majority of buyers will be better off with a subcompact but for some rare people like me the awd and aws is perfect for my property and I would not enjoy getting buy with anything less.

I wonder if you knew they right dealer if you could grab one before it made it on the boat.
The X900 series does not debunk anything for the North American Market

But the research Deere did did was the US customers did not want ROPS on there Super Garden tractor FEMCO Made ROPS with a Click N Go Hitch as Part of the ROPS they sold less than 30 ROPS During the Production of the X400 thru X700 Ultimate's first few Years FEMCO stopped Manufacturing ROPS about 2008 for Deere X700 series tractors as they Just were not selling They sold beyond that year until stock was exhausted

So Deere decided to drop the weight of the X700 series and Put the X700 signature series into Production as ROPS was not considered profitable Other wise the would have just updated the Ultimate series and not had to change the frame to drop weight on the tractor

Deere actually sells far More X700 series Than 1 series tractors around the world(Keep in mind forums like this only represent a small fraction of the actual purchases of Deere Products) Though the 1 series is more Popular on forums that does not seem to be the case world wide. North American and Australia is the Big Deere sub Compact Market Beside Europe.(while they Make Loaders for the Compact Line In Europe) More common use is Mowing for Municipalities or Snow removal

Were buying 1 series here do cost and Some other uses such as backhoe work. Backhoes are not very common in most Markets outside of North America on what would be considered AG line Tractors. In Europe they'll buy a Construction grade tractor if they want a backhoe.

Spain for example will use a X500 or X700 series as a field Tractor do to some of the small Farm sizes. Wheel Horse sold very well In Spain during the 1960 & 1970's and those little tractors were used on in the small Spanish farms. The sub compact sells very well In Japan do to the small farm size of 2 Hectares or 8 acres Prior to the sub compact Kubota did good Business In there Home country with Garden tractor Production as well as Many other Asian Tractor Manufacturers The Sub Compact has done very well in Japan But many other Asian Tractor Manufacturer still make Garden size Tractor for sale In Asia do to the size of the Farms another Popular thing in Asia is the European two wheeled tractor actually very common in China
(y)

Reactions: mjncad

·
Registered
132 Posts
Which machine did we have in 2011 before the Tier IV regs which we no longer have?

Unless I am missing something, the Tier IV regs only impacted machines above 25 HP and the x758 is rated at 24.5 hp. That's also why the 1026r became the 1025r basically de-tuning the same machine to get it below 25 HP threshold. In 2011, there was the x740 - x749 depending upon which drive and steering options were required, but those are now all found in the x750 - x758 (x759 is a Special Edition Machine on the x758 platform).............
Yes, if you look back at the specs prior to the regs, many of the X7 tractors had 26+ HP. That had to be reduced and a weight limit was imposed. I was told by the dealers that the weight of the diesel would have required too many changes to make it viable for the US market. I don't know how much of that is all true, but that is what multiple dealer told me.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I love my X758. I also have a couple X740s and a X750. Great machines!
I always thought they turned really tight for not having 4 wheel steering. With my big trees I can get right up on them and go right on around them. The smaller trees takes a couple circles to get. Nothing a little roundup around the base wont solve.

If your not afraid of looking at used there is decent looking X749 in NE on machine finder with only 348 hours on it.
It would not shock me to see an even lower hour version popup at some point. inventory changes all the time.

Reactions: mjncad

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I love my X758. I also have a couple X740s and a X750. Great machines!
I always thought they turned really tight for not having 4 wheel steering. With my big trees I can get right up on them and go right on around them. The smaller trees takes a couple circles to get. Nothing a little roundup around the base wont solve.

If your not afraid of looking at used there is decent looking X749 in NE on machine finder with only 348 hours on it.
It would not shock me to see an even lower hour version popup at some point. inventory changes all the time.

Yeah if It were closer I would consider adding it to the collection
There our about 5 for sale On Machine finder all but one is over My 4hr Limit 4Hrs to Pick something Up and 4Hrs Back Home That all I have Patients for. Though I would be tempted to go for the one In Mason city Iowa do to the Cab. But the wife would Kill me. (y)
Screenshot_2020-06-30 Used Lawn Garden Tractors For Sale - John Deere MachineFinder.png

Reactions: cc1999 and mjncad
21 - 33 of 33 Posts