Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my last post of a few weeks ago finally closed the saga of the defective air suspension seat option on my still-under-warranty X739

After a litany of phone calls, a service manager that left midstream, an OEM supplier that that could care LESS about customer satisfaction and the hours (yes hours) of calls with JD, I finally got the never-right-in-the-first-place-seat replaced.:flag_of_truce:

Now, Chapter two: a comment on the air ride suspension seat armrests.
There are three height adjustment positions for the armrests, with a bracket (stamped key) for each position, and a cap screw to secure the entire rest within each bracket position. The problem is that even on the HIGHEST position. The arm rests are clearly too low (about 3 inches) and at least for me, are useless.

I read a string from back in January 2016 about a fellow debating as to which seat and accompanying armrests he should buy....my question is- could the wrong set of armrests be fitted on this air suspension seat?

Also a note: the recline adjustment level on the rear left side of the seat has a sharp pointed compound end that regularly jabs my rear end.:rocket: Tip- put a black rubber furniture leg cap on it to defend your rear end from attack on slopes and rocking motions.

Once I solve the issues of this seat and feel comfortable (no pun) I will try to give a perspective on the seat vs. money spent for it, but I will hold my tongue for now regarding a recommendation. :banghead:

BTW, the tractor is fantastic.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Could you give a few pics of the seat and arm rest.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well my last post of a few weeks ago finally closed the saga of the defective air suspension seat option on my still-under-warranty X739

After a litany of phone calls, a service manager that left midstream, an OEM supplier that that could care LESS about customer satisfaction and the hours (yes hours) of calls with JD, I finally got the never-right-in-the-first-place-seat replaced.:flag_of_truce:

Now, Chapter two: a comment on the air ride suspension seat armrests.
There are three height adjustment positions for the armrests, with a bracket (stamped key) for each position, and a cap screw to secure the entire rest within each bracket position. The problem is that even on the HIGHEST position. The arm rests are clearly too low (about 3 inches) and at least for me, are useless.

I read a string from back in January 2016 about a fellow debating as to which seat and accompanying armrests he should buy....my question is- could the wrong set of armrests be fitted on this air suspension seat?

Also a note: the recline adjustment level on the rear left side of the seat has a sharp pointed compound end that regularly jabs my rear end.:rocket: Tip- put a black rubber furniture leg cap on it to defend your rear end from attack on slopes and rocking motions.

Once I solve the issues of this seat and feel comfortable (no pun) I will try to give a perspective on the seat vs. money spent for it, but I will hold my tongue for now regarding a recommendation. :banghead:

BTW, the tractor is fantastic.
I looked at the air ride seat I have and the arm rest brackets are totally different from the arm rest on either the X748 or the 1025, so I don't think you have the wrong arm rests.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pics tonite

I looked at the air ride seat I have and the arm rest brackets are totally different from the arm rest on either the X748 or the 1025, so I don't think you have the wrong arm rests.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Thanks to TJR and Hummer for your input. I will post some pics tonite.
Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts