Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a X 700 that dies about 10 seconds after I engage the PTO. I push the PTO switch in and it starts up. Anyone have a idea what switch might be the one that is causing all the problems? I by passed the seat and reverse switch and no change. Maybe the PTO switch itself? :banghead:

Thanks
7stwman

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PTO engauging is not the problem. Dying 5-10 seconds after its engauged is the problem. I see some posts with the same problem but no solutions. One guy found a problem with the ignition module. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Some equipment comes with a temperature switch that disables PTO if it sees the engine getting too hot. Have you found the critical tool you need to diagnose your issue, the schematic?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have not found the schematics yet. But looking. Don't think its the temp sensor. It does not make a differents how long it runs. Drive it around for hours pulling a trailer or when it is cool. Turn on the PTO 5-10 seconds later dies. If anyone has a diagram I would appreciate it. I need the X700 and a 425 also. The 425 only getting 6 volt to the fuel pump

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not found the schematics yet. But looking. Don't think its the temp sensor. It does not make a differents how long it runs. Drive it around for hours pulling a trailer or when it is cool. Turn on the PTO 5-10 seconds later dies. If anyone has a diagram I would appreciate it. I need the X700 and a 425 also. The 425 only getting 6 volt to the fuel pump

Thanks
X700 schematics anybody?
someone posted the 425 already,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts