Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the point of this? Seems silly and worthless….only thing I can think would be for driving over the deck…but even that would be stupid because it doesn’t go up and over and attach to the other one on the other side. Maybe to protect it from something hitting the pulley from the front?

The instructions were pretty bad as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Ok I'll bite, what does this have to do with bagging.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I'll bite, what does this have to do with bagging.
It’s part of the parts/kit used to install the power flow piece on the deck.

But exactly; I have no idea of what it’s functionality is for the said power flow component…..

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Is there a cover for the pulley that would connect to it. Unless it's to support the drive over ramp now that there's a double pulley for the PF. Lastly could be one of those universal parts that some need and some don't but it's in the parts.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t have a pic of the end of the deck. But yes there is a cover for the double pulley. The instructions (which again are bad) show this pieces on the 54HC X700 series section but don’t explain what it’s for. Let me find a video online of a guy with a x738 I think it was and it showed them on his too….

·
Registered
605 Posts
I can't help you, sorry. Mine (2013 54HC on X754) does not have that piece. I am a little disappointed that I did not get what appears to be a Nylock wing nut with mine, though. I carried a wrench around for years to get the guard loose for belt removal. A while back I put longer carriage bolts in and have spacers under the guard so the belt fits over the top of the pulley.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Screen grabs from the video i mentioned. You can see on this guys the same pieces on the front and back of the original yellow ramp. You can also see the added black piece that covers the belt that goes from the power blower to the added pulley that attached to the original (so it’s a double stack pulley now).

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't help you, sorry. Mine (2013 54HC on X754) does not have that piece. I am a little disappointed that I did not get what appears to be a Nylock wing nut with mine, though. I carried a wrench around for years to get the guard loose for belt removal. A while back I put longer carriage bolts in and have spacers under the guard so the belt fits over the top of the pulley.
It appears Deere changed the kit to add the wing nuts at some point. As when I was watching videos to see how to install…I noticed older videos showed the original lock nuts…but newer ones showed wing nuts being there.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think its a hinge to flip up the drive over ramp when you want to remove the power flow belt. Since you have to remove the wing nuts anyway it didn't seem very useful so I took mine off long ago.
Until I knew what they were for…I decided to install them. But yea I don’t like them there as that yellow ramp now wobbles with that black piece underneath it.

I guess I’m not understanding what you mean…the yellow piece is the ramp so I can still drive over it.

Even if wing nuts weren’t there you still have to remove that whole piece that covers the pulleys in order to remove the belt….apologies I’m just not envisioning what you mean

·
Registered
534 Posts
Even if wing nuts weren’t there you still have to remove that whole piece that covers the pulleys in order to remove the belt….apologies I’m just not envisioning what you mean
Exactly, that's why I didn't see the point of the hinges since you have to remove the wing nuts and lift the yellow ramp up to remove the belt. Maybe Deere felt if the ramp was attached with the hinges you wouldn't loose it???? :) :)

I don't remember that belt cover attached to the top of the ramp on my 2014 HC54. I either tossed that or mine didn't come with one.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Looking at some old photo's it did come with that black belt cover between the ramp and the power flow. I must have pitched that at the same time I tossed those hinges. Probably so I had better access to blow out the crud that collects around the spindles.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
All those black pieces are guards or parts to hold the guards for the blower drive belt. I decided to omit them on my 2-series, which has a drive-over deck but the hookup is very similar to the X7 (which I also used to have a Powerflow for, but wasn't a drive-over deck). My 2-series included a spacer block for one end of the right side drive-over ramp to give more clearance to the double pulley, and I also have to remove that ramp when hooking up the drive belt, so I tend to just leave it off while I'm using the Powerflow, and reattach it after removing the Powerflow. The extra belt guards are a PITA, as far as I'm concerned, but are a must for JD to supply, so they don't get sued if Jimmy-the-user happened to put his hand where it doesn't belong while the thing is running. All I ever found the guards useful for was to trap more grass and stuff that had to be cleaned out later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.