Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed front wheel fenders today on my x738. I can't believe that there is not that much clearance between the wheel and fender. Maybe 1/2 inch clearance. The main reason I bought them is to help keep the top of my mower deck cleaner. To help prevent mud/grass buildup around the belt and pulleys. Just worry about winter snow plowing with snow and ice buildup under the fenders.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
I'm still waiting for them to come out with some that will fit the 1 series. :banghead:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I installed front wheel fenders today on my x738. I can't believe that there is not that much clearance between the wheel and fender. Maybe 1/2 inch clearance. The main reason I bought them is to help keep the top of my mower deck cleaner. To help prevent mud/grass buildup around the belt and pulleys. Just worry about winter snow plowing with snow and ice buildup under the fenders.
I don't think that you will have a problem. The turning tire will usually carve out enough clearance. I'd be more worried about the stalactite of ice that usually collects on the bottom edge. They can get pretty heavy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have them on my X738, and the clearance is tight but it's not an issue at all. Definitely does help keep grass clippings landing on top of the deck.
That is good to know. Also bought a BM25258 mulch kit for my 60hc mower deck. It has a handle installed on top of the deck to open up the discharge chute so I don't have to mulch in tall grass. So I hope the fenders will keep the handle free from grass.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Never say never,remember the x series and the 1 series share the same tire and rim size.Dealer told me 1025R can't have front fenders - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

I have the fenders on my x595 and I don't have a problem with snow and ice,some mud build up at a plow day once but other than that their great.
Oddly enough-your fenders on the X595 look like they have more clearance. The newer ones for the X700 hug the tire a lot tighter just comparing mine and from your pics. Either way, they're the same purpose and do the job, but the newer ones are much more form-fitting per se. I will have to take a picture for comparison sake.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Oddly enough-your fenders on the X595 look like they have more clearance. The newer ones for the X700 hug the tire a lot tighter just comparing mine and from your pics. Either way, they're the same purpose and do the job, but the newer ones are much more form-fitting per se. I will have to take a picture for comparison sake.
Maybe they up graded the kit for better looks. The Harley guys get all sucked off when a fender has to much of a gap between it & the tire. Didn't think it would be a problem on a tractor. lol

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I'll get a pic from the side to give you a better comparison.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Fender pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry it took so long to get them uploaded, forgot about it yesterday.

Attachments

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
I like the look! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Fender pic.
i see u didn't install the blowout hickees-or whatever they are called! they go on the mower deck. i still :hide: haven't unglued my deer stickers on mine. as mine came thru with em upside down. GFP'S sent me some new stickers, and i got a couple off of fleabay too.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Maybe they up graded the kit for better looks. The Harley guys get all sucked off when a fender has to much of a gap between it & the tire. Didn't think it would be a problem on a tractor. lol
Definitely different. Compared to the older fenders.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
i see u didn't install the blowout hickees-or whatever they are called! they go on the mower deck. i still :hide: haven't unglued my deer stickers on mine. as mine came thru with em upside down. GFP'S sent me some new stickers, and i got a couple off of fleabay too.
I don't have the guards on the deck because they won't fit with the anti blowout kit on the underside of the deck.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
I don't have the guards on the deck because they won't fit with the anti blowout kit on the underside of the deck.
ok-just wondering if maybe u didn't get them in the beginning? that's all-thanks:good2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just installed a set on a new X730 with HC60 inch drive over deck, after the first right turn, the right fender mount bent like a pretzel , No where on the website or instructions does in mention not compatible with drive over deck.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I just installed a set on a new X730 with HC60 inch drive over deck, after the first right turn, the right fender mount bent like a pretzel , No where on the website or instructions does in mention not compatible with drive over deck.
Wait you can't use the fenders with the drive of 54" deck?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Not trying to be rude.... but you did something wrong then. I have them on my x758 with the 60HC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Not trying to be rude.... but you did something wrong then. I have them on my x758 with the 60HC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The X730 is a 2 wheel drive model. The wheel base is 1.2" shorter than the 4 wheel drive models. The 2 wheel drive tractors take a different fender kit than the 4 wheel drive models.
From pictures I have seen, it appears the the fenders can be mounted incorrectly on the 2 wheel drive models.

About a month ago I install the front fenders on my X739 with a 60 drive over deck. I have had zero issues.

The reason I got the front fenders is because of the large amount of grass & rocks that were on on top of the mower deck the last time I changed the blades. I had this problem on all of the garden & compact tractor mowers I have owned. This is the first time I have had an option to solve it.
The fenders solved the grass & rock problem. After 4 mowings there is zero grass & rocks on top of the deck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts