Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After painting my plow blade, I notice black splatter from the exhaust. I'm not having that. So I fashioned me up a piece stainless pipe to re-direct it. I need to flare the pipe a little so I can slip the elbow in a bit more. I may use a couple springs to keep it in place.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,504 Posts
I like it, looks good :good2::greentractorride:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I like it aloooot! Does it have any noticeable benefit to reducing noise? I can't imagine it would have enough back pressure increase to affect anything else.

·
Premium Member
10,903 Posts
A lot of us with various tractors have issues with the exhaust soot getting all over the loader frame, plow or snow blower housing. Redirecting the exhaust is the only solution. You may want to experiment with different angles. Pointing the exhaust directly towards the ground will probably work during the winter but in the summer it is likely to kick up a lot of dust.

·
Premium Member
10,903 Posts
Paul Short makes those exhaust extensions for Kubotas to keep the soot off the front mounted implements.
Actually, the exhaust extension that Paul offers only fits the Kubota B2650 and it only keeps exhaust soot off the FEL. It is NOT compatible with other front mounted implements like a snow blower. It also costs $75.

I'm sure there are a lot of Kubota folks that wish he would have thought it through a bit more and designed it to be compatible with other front implements.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Yep, that's why I said Kubota's in my post.

In other words, it's a good idea for any brand of tractor for owners that want to keep soot off their front implements. In my case; I have soot on the FEL bucket...it's a tractor after all.

·
Premium Member
10,903 Posts
Yep, that's why I said Kubota's in my post.

In other words, it's a good idea for any brand of tractor for owners that want to keep soot off their front implements. In my case; I have soot on the FEL bucket...it's a tractor after all.
I agree about the tractor part but the soot problem is more than cosmetic. When the hot exhaust is directed towards a front implement like a snow blower or plow it causes the snow to melt and stick. I used to have a terrible time with snow building up on the left side of my snowblower housing. After I installed a hose to redirect the exhaust the problem is solved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts