Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just installed the remote spout / chute control kit on my X739 and am not thrilled with the rigidity of the main bracket (M146186) that holds the manual control. Its wobbly and could use some gussets or bracing. Does anyone else have this problem? Looking for ideas or pictures of mods to help with this problem. Thanks!

PS, I know there are electric actuators out there but I used the cable style for years on my GT235 and it worked great.

·
Premium Member
12,737 Posts
If you have the dealer apply the fix can you please post some before and after photos so we can see what the fix entails?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,737 Posts
I called the dealer, there is no fix for the loose bracket M146186. :dunno:
Well... if it's any consolation the bracket for the remote spout control on my 2720 is wobbly also. JD chose to bolt the support bracket to a tiny piece of sheet metal down by the brake pedal. I'm just waiting for it to break.

My best option seems to be to scrap the cable actuated spout control and go with a linear actuator. :)

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I called the dealer, there is no fix for the loose bracket M146186. :dunno:
Wow, how late is your dealer open? lol
Mine rolls up the carpet up at 5:30. lol

Best to call and ask questions well before closing time. You can get better/more accurate answers.
I personally won't go into a store just before closing time. Especially if I'm just browsing. I need at least 15-30 minutes to shop.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The fix is in the case I referenced. Basically a doubler plate to stiffen it up. A hole was left out during a production change which enabled the bracket to flex. I have no personal experience as I only saw the fix on Deere's "What's new" page.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts