Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't make me feel dumb about this, as I feel dumb enough already, but I looked at the manual for my 758 and saw that the HDAP rear tire pressure was listed as 6-10 PSI. The dealer delivered it at 20 and I aired it down to 15 for more comfort. This was the same on my original one too. For some odd reason I never looked in the specifications section of the manual before.

Well I just aired the rears down to 7 PSI and man, what a difference! It's soooo much more comfortable now. It's like a boat! Now I feel stupid for not looking there earlier.

What tire pressure do you guys run in your X700s?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Please don't make me feel dumb about this, as I feel dumb enough already, but I looked at the manual for my 758 and saw that the HDAP rear tire pressure was listed as 6-10 PSI. The dealer delivered it at 20 and I aired it down to 15 for more comfort. This was the same on my original one too. For some odd reason I never looked in the specifications section of the manual before.

Well I just aired the rears down to 7 PSI and man, what a difference! It's soooo much more comfortable now. It's like a boat! Now I feel stupid for not looking there earlier.

What tire pressure do you guys run in your X700s?
I think mine have 10 PSI. Maybe I’ll drop them a few pounds based on your recommendation. I get a little bounce from time to time at higher speeds...

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I run 10 psi in the rear and 22 psi in front

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
When I had mine delivered the tires were like bricks. I believe my rears are set to 8psi. I believe my fronts are around 12psi.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I run 10 psi in the rear and 22 psi in front
Same here 10 back front 22,but I have a loader so 18 in the book is good for non loaders.

·
Registered
447 Posts
My dealer delivered my tires at 30+psi.

When I lowered them down to what the manual recommends I was soo much happier sitting in the seat.

·
Registered
21,203 Posts
It seems all these tractors are delivered with the air pressures really high for some reason.

I never paid attention with my 2520 either but I was not mowing with it at first. A few years later I bought a deck for it and started mowing. It was killing me it rode so rough.

Then I took notice .- it had 30# in the rears. I reduced it to 10# and what a difference in ride! I thought with the R4’s they would be so stiff that I wouldn’t feel a difference but it certainly did.

Same exact thing happened when my 757 zero turn was new.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think they are delivered with high pressure in the tires because of shipping issues, and the dealership has to air them down.

·
Premium Member
7,439 Posts
I think they are delivered with high pressure in the tires because of shipping issues, and the dealership has to air them down.
Or they have to air up to that pressure to set the bead and expect the dealer to lower the pressure for delivery :dunno:

·
Registered
21,203 Posts
Or they have to air up to that pressure to set the bead and expect the dealer to lower the pressure for delivery :dunno:
I agree.

But...as xcopterdoc says above - the deck is installed and leveled by the dealer with the tires over pressured as none of them seem to adjust them. Then when you reduce the pressure yourself you need to go through the leveling process again.

I am assuming that this may also affect those with the auto connect thing.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
All machines come in with overfilled tires. Any machine shipped on a skid is banded down over the tires. I suspect they may over inflate to keep em tight to the skid. As part of the PDI process the deck is leveled. First part of leveling the deck is to set the tire pressures. Simple as that.
As a side note all units SCUT and above are shipped as a roll on roll off. Mostly shipped in an enclosed trailer. 6s and above will likely come on an open trailer. Lawn tractors, z tracs will be on a returnable metal crate shipped in an enclosed trailer. Gators come as a roll on roll off also in an enclosed trailer.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
x739 here with 54hc
Front 15
Rear 10

I'm still trying to figure out if the different pressures effect overall traction and easier on the lawn. I seem to be tearing up my grass going down and up inclines while turning. and no i'm not flying either:laugh:

·
Registered
21,203 Posts
All machines come in with overfilled tires. Any machine shipped on a skid is banded down over the tires. I suspect they may over inflate to keep em tight to the skid. As part of the PDI process the deck is leveled. First part of leveling the deck is to set the tire pressures. Simple as that.
As a side note all units SCUT and above are shipped as a roll on roll off. Mostly shipped in an enclosed trailer. 6s and above will likely come on an open trailer. Lawn tractors, z tracs will be on a returnable metal crate shipped in an enclosed trailer. Gators come as a roll on roll off also in an enclosed trailer.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Having run a lo-boy trailer hauling equipment - the worst thing are rubber tire equipment. The worst of all of them were our newer full size loader that came with radial tires. They get to bouncing and hard to keep your tie downs tight. Higher tire pressure will of course mitigate the bounce.

It just seems some dealers are not adjusting the tire pressures.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also started a tire pressure post inadvertently. I was more concerned with dealing with switching between loader and mower. I still haven’t figured out if I should just set the to “loaded” range and move on. When I read your posting I get the sense I would enjoy mowing even MORE if I deflate.

Here are the details from the manual:
Tire Pressures

Front

Tubeless 18 x 7 - 8, Turf/HDAP, 4PR..............69-103 kPa (.69-1.03 bar) (10-15 psi)*

Tubeless 18 x 8.50 - 8, Turf, 4PR..............69-103 kPa (.69-1.03 bar) (10-15 psi)*

Tubeless 18 x 8.50 - 10, Turf, 4PR..............69-103 kPa (.69-1.03 bar) (10-15 psi)*

Tubeless 18 x 8.50 - 10, HDAP, 4PR..............69-103 kPa (.69-1.03 bar) (10-15 psi)*

Rear

Tubeless 26 x 10.5 - 12, Turf, 4PR..............41-69 kPa (.41-.69 bar) (6-10 psi)

Tubeless 26 x 12.00 - 12, Turf, 4PR..............41-69 kPa (.41-.69 bar) (6-10 psi)**

Tubeless 26 x 12.00 - 12, Bar, 4PR..............41-69 kPa (.41-.69 bar) (6-10 psi)

Tubeless 26 x 12.00 - 12, HDAP, 4PR..............41-69 kPa (.41-.69 bar) (6-10 psi)

*152 kPa (22 psi) recommended with front weights or front attachments.

**97 kPa (14 psi) recommended when rear is heavily loaded.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I also started a tire pressure post inadvertently. I was more concerned with dealing with switching between loader and mower. I still haven’t figured out if I should just set the to “loaded” range and move on. When I read your posting I get the sense I would enjoy mowing even MORE if I deflate.
I have left my x748 at 22 psi in front and 10 psi in back for 12 years now.
I’m sure that you could change the tire pressures for each task, but that is more work than I’m willing to go through:mocking:
I did have trouble in my first year or 2 of ownership with peeling the tire off the bead if I turned quick and sharp while owing if I had the fronts at to low of a pressure.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
X748

I’ve run 10 in the rear and 20 in the front for years. To Arlen’s point, I only check regularly, I don’t adjust when I switch from the mower deck to the snowblower.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts