Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello experts, need some help. Trying to connect my 47” snowblower to my x728 tractor. Was able to get 3 of the 4 hydraulic connections on but the 4th has too much pressure. Is there a relief valve or tool or some other trick I can use? Thanks much in advance!

·
Premium Member
16,942 Posts
Best thing is to wrap a rag around the male coupler and then press the tip against something solid. Some fluid will squirt out and relieve the pressure.

Reactions: Boonie

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Hello experts, need some help. Trying to connect my 47” snowblower to my x728 tractor. Was able to get 3 of the 4 hydraulic connections on but the 4th has too much pressure. Is there a relief valve or tool or some other trick I can use? Thanks much in advance!
Ken Bolt On Hooks sells this relief wrench at the Bottom of the Link Hydraulic Tools - BoltOnHooks LLC or I just hit the coupler Tip on something solid such as a Piece of 2 X4 such as Jgayman mentioned (y)

Reactions: Kennyd and stlsands

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,429 Posts
If you can't push it tight enough by hand to relieve the pressure, you can very carefully use a pair of large pliers like Channellocks and with the tip covered, squeeze it down with one jaw of the pliers on the tip and the other jaw further down on the fitting and relive the pressure. Make sure its covered with several layers of a shop towel or strong cloth as there is a lot of pressure and will spray fluid everywhere. Just don't bend the tip on the fitting which isn't easy to do. Once you release the pressure, the fitting will slide right in.................

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you can't push it tight enough by hand to relieve the pressure, you can very carefully use a pair of large pliers like Channellocks and with the tip covered, squeeze it down with one jaw of the pliers on the tip and the other jaw further down on the fitting and relive the pressure. Make sure its covered with several layers of a shop towel or strong cloth as there is a lot of pressure and will spray fluid everywhere. Just don't bend the tip on the fitting which isn't easy to do. Once you release the pressure, the fitting will slide right in.................
You were right on needing the rags! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
When you take the blower off in the spring, cycle all the levers several times so they bleed pressure out of the hoses and make it easier next time you hook them up.
You Can do that several time and still end Up with Pressure In the Lines I do it with every Hydraulic control Implement I have and I still occasionally have Pressure In a Line when I go to Put something back on 6 months Later. So while it Usually works that is not always the Case (y)

·
Premium Member
16,942 Posts
You Can do that several time and still end Up with Pressure In the Lines I do it with every Hydraulic control Implement I have and I still occasionally have Pressure In a Line when I go to Put something back on 6 months Later. So while it Usually works that is not always the Case (y)
Yep... it's the ambient temperature that gets you. Take the implement off in cool weather and if you reattach it in warmer weather the fluid will have expanded to create pressure.

·
Registered
546 Posts
If you don't like (or aren't successful with) the idea of pushing the tip against something, or using pliers, a couple of wrenches can be used to loosen the hose either at the tip, or where it connects to the cylinder will also relieve the pressure.
No need to remove -- the joint will leak when loosened.

·
Registered
546 Posts
When you take the blower off in the spring, cycle all the levers several times so they bleed pressure out of the hoses and make it easier next time you hook them up.
Will do! Thank you
Implied, but in case it's not clear, cycle the levers after the engine has been shut off.
Can also use the 'float' position on the valve that has it. Float basically makes it so both valve connections are back to tank.
Sometimes 'float' can help with hook-up too. (it can be another way to relieve pressure in hoses)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.