Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you make a the grass collection system work on a X738 with the John Deere Hard Cab?

John

·
Registered
799 Posts
If you don't get any replies from those who have a cab left on during summer season, I would run it by your dealer and their network and up to John Deere.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I don't have a cab but you could have a cart as a collection,The Deere brand MC519 or a home build.
MC519 Cart Bagger

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
If you are wanting a tractor mounted system, I do not know other than I would not want to add that much more weight to the tractor.
I do not see why a A Trac Vac or similar tow behind system would not work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I will get to Original Tractor Cab and I can take it off for mowing season. I think I will get the heater and quick disconnect and mount in in the OTC,

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I think I will get to Original Tractor Cab and I can take it off for mowing season. I think I will get the heater and quick disconnect and mount in in the OTC,
Yeah I have used a OTC Cab for the Last 15 years On My X485 & My X748. The Initial assembly will take about 3 Hrs But then each Year depending on How Far You Take it down. If I don't Poke I Can have it Back On In 90 Minutes I take the Frame down In sections I don't Take the frame completely apart so It Make's it faster to Put Back together.

I also Built a Cab storage Box for it. The Box Is about 5 x3.5 Ft Has dollies screwed to It. Should Have used 1x12 's Instead of Making it from 2x12 It Just a Little Heavy going to finally rebuild the Box with 1x12 this spring so I can get It to the second story of the Barn

OTC does offer a electric ceramic Heater with there Cabs Now. It helps Keep the cab from Fogging up But You still need a set of Coveralls On as the Cab is Not very air tight. If using a Blower You will still get snow On you inside the Cab . The New OEM soft Cab Might be a Little tighter fitting than the OTC Cab and it takes about 1hr to assemble and it Packs Up better than the OTC cab in the off season :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I order the OTC and it arrived. 739 still a week or 2 out. The OTC came with a free heater but I have the JD heater ordered and I will have to make a bracket to install it. I had the OTC heater on my 360 but it didn't do much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts