Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
::::: Sorry folks, this went into the wrong forum. Thanks

Alrighty, new owner / first time poster here!

I bought a X738 this week. Didn't bite at the $1400 dealer 3 point hitch install. Decided to go with the Ruegg kit and install myself, and have money left to buy a boxblade.

Got the rear deck off just fine, but the tank still blocks access to the important parts from above. I tried pushing it around while lifting in case it was just a friction tab holding it down, but didn't have success.

Anybody know what is holding it in place?

I've already removed the tire and dropped the mower deck, and the access provided just isn't enough for my arthritic body to deal with.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
543 Posts
You don"t need to remove the fender or deck panel for the 3 pt installation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don"t need to remove the fender or deck panel for the 3 pt installation.
See above.

"I've already removed the tire and dropped the mower deck, and the access provided just isn't enough for my arthritic body to deal with."

Please do not presume to know what my physical limitations are.

If you did, good for you, however, I also hold as evidence that most of the pictures in the instruction manual are taken from above the chassis. Clearly the factory intended to the deck (fender) to come off.BTW, elsewhere I admitted my mistake in the process and am now able to lift the tank out of the way.

Thanks for the interest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.