Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so thinking on this x738 and adding a 3 point, read the install seems simple my first question is it says use the upper hyd lever to raise and lower, what lever do I use for my deck? When I run the snow blade is the 3 point usable?
Tiller,, how big a reverse time tiller would this handle?

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Ok so thinking on this x738 and adding a 3 point, read the install seems simple my first question is it says use the upper hyd lever to raise and lower, what lever do I use for my deck? When I run the snow blade is the 3 point usable?
Tiller,, how big a reverse time tiller would this handle?
You use the same upper lever for the deck as the 3pt hitch.When using the 3pt up the deck all the way up and set at its highest position.Yes and no to use the angle will also raise and lower the 3pt.Normally the 3pt would be locked into position with you weight and the control valve closed to give max hydro flow to the angle cylinder.
The 647 JD tiller is 48" I have seen a video with a x748 and a Landpride 56" reverse tine tiller but I can't find it to post.

·
Registered
132 Posts
X748 has a neat setup you should look into, but what i would have done differently, you order a 2nd cyl just like the deck lift cyl, then go to Napa or tsc and get some lines and make the deck circuit on the remotes, and put the lock out valve on the 3point... or the other way if you want, but the key is use 2 cyl and 2 circuits

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,831 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now I have a RTR1558 from my old tractor I sold,,,, think it too big or slow and go!

·
Registered
178 Posts
cin769,

What may not be obvious in the installation the 3PH is that the mower lift cylinder is relocated to the rear of the tractor and that same lift cylinder, hydraulic circuit and lever is used to lift/lower BOTH the mower and 3PH. There is a linkage that gets installed that does this.

As TJR345 said, in order to use your 3PH with the mower on, you would raise the 3PH/mower via the column mount lever and then set your mower cutting depth dial to the highest position to lock the mower up. With the mower removed it is not so much an issue as the mower lift arms would raise/lower as normal and wouldn't interfere with anything.

One of the hydraulic elbows that is on the BACK of the JD selective control valve (SCV) is replaced with a lockout valve which stops the flow of hydraulic fluid to your mower/lift cylinder. This makes using front mounted implements (ie. snow blade) usable with NO delay in the hydraulics. Meaning you don't have to wait for the 3PH/mower lift cylinder to cycle is full length before your front hydraulic cylinder on your blade begins to move. Note that the hydraulic cylinder with the least resistance will move first until pressures are equalized when 2 or more cylinders are connected in parallel as is your 3PH/mower and snow blade cylinders are. The lockout valve removes the 3PH/mower lift cylinder from the equation so that only one cylinder is being used, thus no delay.

John Deere sells this lockout valve but most people like to use the one from Auxiliary Hydraulics.

QTLO.jpg

It is a 1/4 turn one as opposed to a multi-turn screw in one from John Deere. Much easier to use.

Here is a link to the current web page at the time of writing this response. X-Series and 4X5 Series Quarter Turn Lockout Valve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts