Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Yes,the 47 and the 54 were for the x7xx and 1025r.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Yes.

Don't forget to get some rear ballast.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Yes it will work Bought It Can also Bog Down! The 47inch Can even Bog Down On a Diesel Version of the Tractor. I always use to hear "Get a Diesel if Going with a 54inch so it will not Bog down". Well I manged to bog down a 47inch this past weekend on a X748 which I have actually done before on the X748.

These X700 series have More than enough Power to run either the 47inch Or 54inch doesn't Matter if it a 2WD or a AWD they will handle it. I sometime wish I had Gone with a 54inch as I use My Blower On My 1025R/2025R the 47inch is the same width as a X700, and a inch Under a 1023E, 1025R and 2025R. It actually nice to have a Bit wider Blower than the Machine especially when cutting through drifts. I went with a 47inch for storage Space at the time. I now have a lot More storage space. So don't worry about the X738 running it. If it starts to Bog just slow Your speed and take Your time. It will do the Job and Bogging down will not Happen a Lot either It Maybe happened twice In the 4 & 1/2 years I have had the 47inch Blower & the X748. I use to run a JD 425 with a 47inch and it would Have handled a Bigger Blower. Just Take You time In snow that is the same depth as the Blower housing or Higher than the Blower Housing :bigthumb:

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have a 54 on a 2520 and if the snow is heavy or too deep you have to go slow or you can stall. We had 6-8" of wet plow slop at the end of the driveway this weekend before our Patriots went on another trip to the Super Bowl and I dropped from 2500 down to about 1200 in 2 seconds so the load is there, just use your head as my grandfather used to say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts