Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time trying to use the new 54” tractor shovel on my new x738. I have a rear ballast box with 168# added and it’s on the 3-point iMatch hitch.

When I try to raise the shovel to dump it, the ballast box goes down as well and it hits the ground before the shovel opens.

I ended up removing the ballast, and all was fine. But, only because I didn’t really need the ballast this time.

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
447 Posts
There should be a hydraulic lock out valve to stop the 3ph hitch from moving. In the area of the quick connect hydraulic ports.

Alternatively you can adjust the depth stop on the 3ph to stop it from lowering to the ground. Its a long threaded rod under the hydraulic cylinder for the 3ph rock shaft.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There should be a hydraulic lock out valve to stop the 3ph hitch from moving. In the area of the quick connect hydraulic ports.

Alternatively you can adjust the depth stop on the 3ph to stop it from lowering to the ground. Its a long threaded rod under the hydraulic cylinder for the 3ph rock shaft.
If you have a hydraulic lock out valve, I would lock it out. It will allow your shovel cylinder to cycle faster, because you won't be cycling the deck/3pt cylinder along with it. If you will be leaving it in this arrangement for any amount of time, you'll want you set the depth stop on the 3pt as well, because the 3pt will bleed down over time, then you would have to open the lock out valve, raise the 3pt, then close it again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Appreciate the information. Appears I do have one. So, if I understand correctly. Load the ballast box on 3 point. Raise it

Up and then use the lock out valve?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Appreciate the information. Appears I do have one. So, if I understand correctly. Load the ballast box on 3 point. Raise it

Up and then use the lock out valve?
Yes,turn your deck knob to the highest setting.This will keep the deck arms in the upper position.
The rod that they're talking about is on the left in this pic.The gold colored threaded rod.Turn this in and it will hold the arm up and take the stress off the hydraulic cylinder.Mine is not the JD type but same idea.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yes,turn your deck knob to the highest setting.This will keep the deck arms in the upper position.
The rod that they're talking about is on the left in this pic.The gold colored threaded rod.Turn this in and it will hold the arm up and take the stress off the hydraulic cylinder.Mine is not the JD type but same idea.
That's a solid butt pic you got there.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts

The OEM Valve Is Not a True hydraulic lock out Valve it's actually a diverter Valve which means the 3point will still move But at a slower Rate. Aux Hydraulics actually Make One that will stop all Movement
If a Person has a OEM valve they will still need to Lock Up there 3 Point Depth stop to stop all movement of the 3point Hitch :bigthumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts