Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new X739 with a 60" auto connect deck was delivered this morning, a day later than planned and it is now raining. I was surprised that there was zero hours on the meter. The salesman said they had just gotten it out of the crate.
Since it was raining, I did the RIO bypass. To make the bypass, I removed the push button switch from the connector. I cut a small piece of sheet copper to snugly fit between the terminals on the switch. I wrapped some narrow strips of electrical tape around the terminals to hold the copper in place. Then I plugged the switch back into the connector. The piece of copper can easily be removed if needed.

I then installed a receiver hitch, steering wheel spinner knob & a very nice seat cover that I got from Green Farm Parts. The seat cover has lots of storage space.

The sun is now shinning, so I will be trying the X739 out later today.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
:bigthumb: nice-very nice--i guess it's a newer version of my x-475 :unknown:maybe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very nice! I noticed the new mower decks don't come with the pins that hold the anti-scalp wheels at a preset level. Initially I thought my dealer missed them, but I see yours don't have it as well.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Very nice! I noticed the new mower decks don't come with the pins that hold the anti-scalp wheels at a preset level. Initially I thought my dealer missed them, but I see yours don't have it as well.
My x758 I got a year ago did come with the pins you mention. They are really just reminders of where to set the anti-scalp wheels after each mounting. A little paint or marker on the posts would serve the same purpose. Or anything you can secure through the holes.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
I like that seat cover. That is a very nice looking outfit. Have fun it should mow like a dream. good luck:good2::good2:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was the first thing I noticed when I was setting the height of cut. I first thought I would get the pins off of my 2025R, until I noticed that the holes do not go all of the way through the shafts, so the pins would not work on this deck.

Thanks everyone,
I just finished mowing with X739. It worked great. I only had 2 issues. One was that I found the deck was not level when delivered, but the process for leveling the deck on the X700 tractors was very easy. The second issue was getting used to driving the all wheel steer. At first it felt like the rear end was sliding around. It did not take very long before I did not notice it.

The good & bad of it is that the X739 cut 45 minutes off of the time that it took to mow the same area with the 2025R. The good is that it is less time on the mower. The bad is that it is less to on the mower.

The very good thing to come out of this is having a full time loader tractor again. There were many times over the last year that I needed the loader for a small project that would have taken less time to complete than the time it would have taken to put the loader on & taking it off. So I found another way to complete the task. No more of that.

·
Premium Member
14,090 Posts
Very Nice, like the seat cover. The X738 (bought last yr) I mow with , I was thinking the holes for the gauge wheels went all the way thru. Reason the x738 came with a pin with a latch lock in all for wheels so it made it easier to raise wheels up or down.

Maybe a dealer thing. :dunno::dunno:

Hr meter 0.0 -- guess they didn't check it very much

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Nice tractor

My daughter got me a seat cover for my GT245 years ago. The seat underneath of it still looks like new.

Mine doesn't have the elaborate storage that yours has but it has two mesh pockets left on right on the rear and one bigger pocket with a zipper in the middle.

I was very disappointed when I bought the cover from my 2720 high back seat that it did not came with any pockets.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That was the first thing I noticed when I was setting the height of cut. I first thought I would get the pins off of my 2025R, until I noticed that the holes do not go all of the way through the shafts, so the pins would not work on this deck.
I asked my dealer about them and explained that to me that they're not shipped with them anymore, which sounded a little weird (I got mine in March).

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Very Nice, like the seat cover. The X738 (bought last yr) I mow with , I was thinking the holes for the gauge wheels went all the way thru. Reason the x738 came with a pin with a latch lock in all for wheels so it made it easier to raise wheels up or down.

Maybe a dealer thing. :dunno::dunno:

Hr meter 0.0 -- guess they didn't check it very much
They did have holes all the way through last year at least. That's how things are on my x758's 60HC mower.

Rob

·
Registered
255 Posts
The guage wheel pins were redesigned for what ever reason on the x700 decks. I like the old style better, the new ones have more holes, but they are tiny and don't go all the way through.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Congratulations on the new tractor Chris. I love the AWS.

I see the dash design is different than my X754. My only suggestion is to keep an eye on your temp gauge if you mow in a lot of dry stuff as the chaff quickly blocks the radiator air intakes.

Was the sticker on the dash about service calls, etc not being covered under warranty a factory or dealer installed decal?

This is the jumper I made for my RIO bypass.

Attachments

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
Great looking tractor! :bigthumb:

·
Corndog Hater
11,243 Posts
Thanks for the pics, that's a nice new machine you have there. Enjoy:good2:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had X7xx envy from my X590 and finally bit the bullet and ordered one. Hopefully will pick it up on Wednesday! Can't wait to finally join the X738 family and enjoy it for years to come! 0% and $500 is a great deal right now!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts