Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a x739 with the front quick hitch, no angling installed. I want to lock the hitch straight. The install/manual says to install the "Lock-Out" pin. But how do I get this pin? I've searched the parts diagram for both the quick hitch and even the snow blower hoping to find a parts breakout that shows this pin and a part number with no luck.

I double checked to make sure it wasn't in the other hole when not needed. Seems strange I can't find really any reference to it.

My last option is home depot to get a long bolt but now I'm on a mission to find the JD one.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have a x739 with the front quick hitch, no angling installed. I want to lock the hitch straight. The install/manual says to install the "Lock-Out" pin. But how do I get this pin? I've searched the parts diagram for both the quick hitch and even the snow blower hoping to find a parts breakout that shows this pin and a part number with no luck.

I double checked to make sure it wasn't in the other hole when not needed. Seems strange I can't find really any reference to it.

My last option is home depot to get a long bolt but now I'm on a mission to find the JD one.
Mine didn't come with the pin either but happened to have a hitch pin that fit perfect which probably costs a couple bucks at the farm store. Forget what the length and diameter is but it's a common size used on my tractor 3pt implements.

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
Here are the specs for that pin. JD wants almost $24 for that silly pin. Unless you plan to install/remove it frequently I would just go with a 3/4" bolt of the proper length. Everything on that parts list will put you close to $38.

Part Number:
M114803
Part Price: 23.05 USD
On Hand:
0 Check Other Stores
Description: Pin - PIN, HITCH PIVOT STOP
Specification
Weight: 0.64 LBS 0.29 Kg
Diameter0.750 IN
Overall Length5.354 IN
End to Hole0.472 IN
Hole Diameter0.315 IN
Between Holes4.409 IN
Hole Diameter0.315 IN
Cham Pitch / Length0.00 IN
Material1045CD
FinishB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the specs for that pin. JD wants almost $24 for that silly pin. Unless you plan to install/remove it frequently I would just go with a 3/4" bolt of the proper length. Everything on that parts list will put you close to $38.
Hey thanks! Where did you find that info? I imagine that pin must come in a kit which is why I'm wondering why it doesn't come with the Quick Hitch. I'll probably try the bolt option first, not sure if I can drill a hole through it for a pin to hold it in place.

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
Hey thanks! Where did you find that info? I imagine that pin must come in a kit which is why I'm wondering why it doesn't come with the Quick Hitch. I'll probably try the bolt option first, not sure if I can drill a hole through it for a pin to hold it in place.
You can get part specification detail by signing into JD Parts. It can be displayed in english or metric. It comes in very handy when looking up bolts, nuts and pins.

I'm not sure if the pin is available in a kit. I have never seen one. I thought it came with the quick hitch as did mine. JD is very mysterious about these parts as they don't appear on most of the quick hitch parts illustrations. The one below is from a 4100 and it just happens to show the pin. If you will notice below, they have a box drawn around the pin parts to indicate that those do not come with the front hitch kit. Whenever anyone asks about these locking pins I always have a hard time finding an illustration that shows them. BTW, item #27 in the diagram is pointing to the quick hitch assy, not the pin parts.

It's easy to think that is the pin parts until you notice the price is $820. :)

27BM18644Kit1INDEPENDENT FRONT HITCH (REPLACED BY LVB24898)
quick_hitch.jpg

·
Registered
416 Posts
I wouldn't try to drill a bolt unless you have a drill press and some good bits. The easy way out is the hitch pin I mentioned which has a hole drilled already plus a bonus handle which comes in handy. This is the one I have, 3/4" dia. by 5" long.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I have never worried about securing the pin with a pin. It isn't going to fall out unless you flip the tractor and then you have bigger issues. I also just use a regular pin that I had laying around not the "Official" one.

Reactions: ssjfyr and Adamq

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
The length of the pin does matter, if you are working on uneven surfaces. The pin hanging below the hitch can catch on things. It happened to me.
Hitch pins are easy to cut off in a vise. They are not so easy to cut off when they are bent & still in the hitch.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm on the JD parts site and I am looking at the page for the M114803 PIN. It doesn't show the specs for me. Any idea why? thanks

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
I'm on the JD parts site and I am looking at the page for the M114803 PIN. It doesn't show the specs for me. Any idea why? thanks
You have to be "logged in" for the site to display pricing, dealer stock status and parts specification. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
I am logged in but I only can view:
That is weird. If I'm not logged in I get what you get and then as soon as I log in I get the full pricing, stock status and specs. In fact, if I'm NOT logged in and click on the "specifications" link it takes me back to the main login page.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am logged in but I only can view:
That pin itself is about $25 from JD. I used a hitch pin that I had on hand, very similar to what's shown in post #7. It's a couple of bucks from Tractor Supply or Rural King.

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
I must be doing something wrong. I can't even find the "specifications" link on the individual parts page.
This is what I see when not logged in. The red arrow points to the specifications link. BTW, I am using Chrome on a PC.

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow. Thank you. I was on a completely different page on the JD site. I was on their parts catalog. How do you get to your JD parts homepage from deere.com?

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
Wow. Thank you. I was on a completely different page on the JD site. I was on their parts catalog. How do you get to your JD parts homepage from deere.com?
I originally sent you the shortcut from my PC because I could not find the path either but I just spent about 10-mins and found the path.

Start at Home Page. Click MyJohnDeere:

Then click JD Parts

It brings you to this page for which you will need a username and password.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts