Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
x739 <> Mounting Adapter Plates to accept 140-to-318 Plow and other attachments

Morning Folks

Since purchasing a x739, and having it in my shop around my 140's, with 42" & 54" plow assemblies, I got the idea to design a mounting system that will let me use these plow assemblies on my new garden tractor. Given I want the ability to mount/dis-mount the deck, I set my ideas to paper and started designing. After three templates, I finally got everything dialed in for ease of use, and functionality.
My mount will not be made from a bunch of 90 degree squares and rectangles welded together. It will have flow and form to the shape. I've designed in (when the plow is not mounted) a front bumper. This also provides a solid lifting area so the front of the tractor can be raised in the air by chain-hoist or engine stand. For the time being, there are no pictures to see.

My mount will be cut by CAD/laser or CAD/torch. Both options are available so the end result will look as good (or better) than factory.

In my region we do not experience large volumes of snow. On occasion we get a foot or so, so what I'm creating will be beneficial on that aspect. My need for designing the mount transpires from wanting the ability to blade gravel parking areas and driveways to eliminate standing water. And push dirt, and whatever else I can without grabbing a shovel or a rake.

I'm curious. Since I'm building one for myself, maybe others might be interested as well?

My apology to the Mods. Perhaps my thread should be placed in "Fabrication" Please move as you see fit.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Al Zimmerman already has a Frame squeezer HOME to be able to use front Blade from Older Deere attachments On the 425 thru X700 signature series:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seen them.
Thanks but, No thanks. For what they look like, and what they cost, that's why I've drawn up my own design.
My template got dropped of at the metal shop this AM.
And the Hydraulic shop is making me custom 1/4" hoses.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, color me naive to the crowd.
I use a chain hoist in my shop quite a bit when I can. Saves my back. At least the JD starch boys got something right.
Anyway, I found the balance point of the plow, and added a 3/4" clevis pin/clip so I can mount this hummer without my back pitching too much of a fit.

Figured I'd share my findings as stale as it may be. LOL!
20180611_145454.jpg
Balance_Blade1.jpg

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today my Mulch Kit arrived. After install I gave it a whirl. It works nicely!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mount Fitment and Final Welding

Today I dropped of my x739, the brackets, and plow for final welding.
One step closer to completing my project!!
When I got home, hey, my 60" JIC hydraulic lines arrived!
Hydraulic_Lines_60in.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts