Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 X739 with a 54 quick hitch blade. I hooked up the blow and the plow goes up and down but won’t turn left and right. When I pull the lever the lift for the mower deck goes up and down and the plow looks like it wants to turn left and right but it doesn’t. Any idea what what be causing this?

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
You have to shut the diverter control valve with the "T" Handle which should be right near where the hoses connect. The valve is plumbed in the steel lines very close to the hydraulic line connectors. This directs all of the fluid for lever actions to the 4 hoses you have connected and away from the rock shaft under the tractor. That would be my suggestion........

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think it should still move even if you don't have, or haven't closed, the diverter valve. You just might have to hold it in actuation for a longer time. Most have/use the diverter valve. It greatly improves performance.

I take my deck off when I hook up the blade. I can' t see doing plowing with the deck still on the tractor.

I do wish the mower lift arms could be locked in the up position with pins like my old 425 would do.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
There's a turn knob on the bottom rear of the hydro block that you plugged you lines into.It's hard to see you may have to lay under to see it.If you don't have one your dealer forgot to install it.It should've been part of the blade package.
Move your deck lever (top one) to bring the deck arms up.set it to highest setting (5) then close the valve if you have one (or get one) then when you angle it will move faster.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Is there a angle locking pin in the quick hitch? You mentioned you will be blowing snow with it. When you use the snow blower, a pin is installed in the quick hitch so it will not angle.
It sounds like the pin is installed.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If the pin isnt in, make sure your hoses are plugged in and locked in the svc outlets. Regardless of the lockout position, your blade will still pivot, just at a slower speed.

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
We set up my brothers new x730 last weekend and his acted that way till we turned the lockout vavle in then it worked like a champ.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I did the diverted valve and now it turns faster so that was part of the problem. The other issue is that the turning cylinder on the 54 quick hitch blade only moves out and in about an inch but it moves quickly and acts like it’s hitting something when it stops. I can’t find what it could be.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Make sure the center pin is removed mine had a large center pin installed in it with a cotter pin through the top removed and now works great...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where is the center pin located? I see a pin with a clip through it under the part that turns.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I pulled the pin and now it works. Thanks
Think that pin keeps the mount from angling when using a snow blower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts