Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two more sleeps until delivery. Here is what I ended up for my initial build. X739 with the smaller 47” snowblower, 54” HC deck with power flow and a 14 bu bagger mcs. I also got the rear weight bracket and 6 suitcase weights. I can’t wait to end the slipping and sliding when the grass grows. My Titan zero turn won’t be missed. I am working in some other attachments for the spring including a dethatcher, grapple, and fel.

:gizmo:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today was a fun day. Took delivery and added some BM’s.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congrats! Looks great. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
12,301 Posts
nice tractor:bigthumb:don't u even get arm rests on the 7 series anymore:unknown::unknown:eek:r did u have the option to not have any on urs now?

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Well Now to Just give You some food for Thought since your In WI

1. 40 Soft Cab for Lawn and Garden Tractors

2. 2016 John Deere X700 Signature Series Weather Enclosure for sale in Hillsboro, WI. Hillsboro Equipment Inc. Hillsboro, WI (800) 521-5133

3. Original Tractor Cab Hard Top Cab Enclosure For X700 Signature Series - 11950

4. 2016 John Deere X700 Signature Series Hard-side Cab for sale in Hillsboro, WI. Hillsboro Equipment Inc. Hillsboro, WI (800) 521-5133

5. Cozy Cab | Cab to fit John Deere X700 Signature Series Tractor

6. John Deere X700 - Tektite Manufacturing

I had several Tractor thrower combos In the Past and I hate a face full of snow. Have had a Original Cab for 14 years used on my previous X485 and Now My X748. For Garden tractors I prefer a soft Cab so I can take it off In the warmer Months. I have a Tektite Cab On order for My 2025R But the way there designed You Can remove all the windows and doors for the warmer weather then It just like having a 4 post Canopy.

And since You Plan is to getting a Loader some of the Hard Cabs May interfere with a Loaders Use.

But since Your Going with a Blower You may want to get something to keep the snow off of You in the winter:bigthumb:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice tractor:bigthumb:don't u even get arm rests on the 7 series anymore:unknown::unknown:eek:r did u have the option to not have any on urs now?
They are an ad on. The have made some upgrades since 16 but they also dropped a couple things.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Now to Just give You some food for Thought since your In WI

1. 40 Soft Cab for Lawn and Garden Tractors

2. 2016 John Deere X700 Signature Series Weather Enclosure for sale in Hillsboro, WI. Hillsboro Equipment Inc. Hillsboro, WI (800) 521-5133

3. Original Tractor Cab Hard Top Cab Enclosure For X700 Signature Series - 11950

4. 2016 John Deere X700 Signature Series Hard-side Cab for sale in Hillsboro, WI. Hillsboro Equipment Inc. Hillsboro, WI (800) 521-5133

5. Cozy Cab | Cab to fit John Deere X700 Signature Series Tractor

6. John Deere X700 - Tektite Manufacturing

I had several Tractor thrower combos In the Past and I hate a face full of snow. Have had a Original Cab for 14 years used on my previous X485 and Now My X748. For Garden tractors I prefer a soft Cab so I can take it off In the warmer Months. I have a Tektite Cab On order for My 2025R But the way there designed You Can remove all the windows and doors for the warmer weather then It just like having a 4 post Canopy.

And since You Plan is to getting a Loader some of the Hard Cabs May interfere with a Loaders Use.

But since Your Going with a Blower You may want to get something to keep the snow off of You in the winter:bigthumb:
I really like the hard cabs myself. I have never had a cab before. This is the most comprehensive cab option list I have seen yet for this series. Thank you for sharing. I’m a little odd being that I really like being out in the cold. Proper gear is required but my house loves winter of all types. I’m concerned about losing credibility with my kids if I get a cab. They might say I’m wimpy :).

:canada + :snow: = :good2:

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I really like the hard cabs myself. I have never had a cab before. This is the most comprehensive cab option list I have seen yet for this series. Thank you for sharing. I’m a little odd being that I really like being out in the cold. Proper gear is required but my house loves winter of all types. I’m concerned about losing credibility with my kids if I get a cab. They might say I’m wimpy :).

:canada + :snow: = :good2:
I spent a good Portion of My life living outside in the dead of winter at Uncle Sam's invitation (Light Infantry & Special Forces) No shelter except a Poncho strung up in trees. If I can get out of the wind I will do it. Wimpy has nothing to do with it. It's called using your head :cold::bigthumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Really appreciate the list of cabs!

So I have a 2014 JD X739 live in the middle of Nebraska my dealer is having a hard time sourcing a hard cab for my tractor they are telling me that you have to buy the cab with the tractor at the same time which seems odd to me especially when you can find the item in their online brochure.

Anyone else have this problem?

Also if one wanted to take the entire hard cab like teh cozy cab or Tektite is it do able I thought a pulley system that could hold it and help set it down would be nice?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did a lot of research on can removal and storage before I made my decision. The cliffs notes on the hard cab removals process....

It certainly can be removed mostly intact. Model depending you can lighten the unit by removing doors and glass etc...

Most of those I contacted were removing them for the first year or two. Eventually the effort was not worth the squeeze and they either bought another machine or elected to leave it on.

The effort is greater if you have a heater and other available mods that could deter removal.

A common technique was using a loader to lift it off. That doesn’t apply to me. Others built a platform to lay the unit backwards that seemed cool.

Several guys had hoist systems for storage.

Another common theme was hard top soft sided solutions. These are obviously easier to remove and store but have decent reviews.

I ultimately decided against it. It was most important to be able to be out on nice sunny days enjoying the sun. I couldn’t justify the effort for taking it off each year.

There is a nice all soft and a nice hard top unit for sale on CL in my area I could find the links for you.

The availability issue is odd. You can get them here from several dealers with a short shipping time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I have had a soft cab for the past 4 years and it has work pretty good. This year when I was putting it on the back tore and not quite sure what to do to fix. I like the idea of a hard cab but I have a bunch of trees that I would have to trim in order to leave a hard cab on. I have been thinking about buying a new unit so that could be an option if need be.

Tractor.jpg

My local JD dealer has been working on this since 12/28 as I thought it would be a nice tax right off at the end of the year and a month later I still don't have an answer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4 years is good but definitely not great. We have a lot of vinyl items at the lake from boat canopies to inflatables. I have done many repairs and honestly they are easy and hold up excellent.

It may not be up to some standards to repair. I get it, I like everything to look new. If you are interested in repair the clear gorilla tape for vinyl repair is a really good product. I have even repairs zipper seams and redone them. It won’t break where you applied that stuff.

There is a more industrial version if interested. There is glue called hh-66. Buy some vinyl and glue it over your damage. Again it will be stronger than new. I often reinforce areas of concern with extra material and this glue. It’s super strong stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts