Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used x739, the quick hitch blower that came with the purchase is a j.d. 47" blower, the hydraulic hoses are not color coded, does anyone know which hoses go where or does it even matter their are two hoses that go to the quick hitch,and two hoses that go to the blower, thanks

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
For the quick hitch:
The topmost hose (which is actually the base of the cylinder) goes to the black connector.
The bottom hose (closest to the ram) goes to the green connector.

For the 'chute rotator':
The hoses go to the silver and yellow connectors. If it's rotating the wrong way just switch them.

I think it does matter which one you hook up to - only the bottom lever has a 'float' function.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the quick hitch:
The topmost hose (which is actually the base of the cylinder) goes to the black connector.
The bottom hose (closest to the ram) goes to the green connector.

For the 'chute rotator':
The hoses go to the silver and yellow connectors. If it's rotating the wrong way just switch them.

I think it does matter which one you hook up to - only the bottom lever has a 'float' function.
Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,451 Posts
You can get color coded Zip Ties to put on the Quick Hitch hoses for future reference so you will always be able to see their proper connection. I suggest adding at least 2 or 3 of the same color to each line and make sure they aren't where they will be in the way of the quick connect and disconnect fittings......

Forget the colored hose caps as they often won't stay on or just get in the way.. It is, however, a good idea to keep the hose connections covered in the off season. I carry some male and female hose caps and plugs in my tool box just for this use.

Kenny sells some very good quality hose caps and plugs. I cut the chain off and just use the plugs. but use them which ever way works best for you. His male caps work great on the tractor side and don't come off unless you remove them.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to do some P.M. on the blower, check out the various posts and YouTube regarding adjusting and lubing the chain drive.
I would add the following:
When I got mine I couldn't rotate the chute even with both hands trying to twist the thing around (yes, there was some slack in the cables). I wonder if that binding is one of the causes of the cables eventually snapping? I removed the 3 'tabs' that hold the chute down and liberally applied grease to all the mating surfaces. Upon reassembly I could turn the thing. I know that grease will eventually wash out, so I just plan to do it at least seasonally.
The other thing to look at is the chute rotation mechanism. There are several pulleys under that cover, I used a chain style lube that goes on as a liquid but after it penetrates it becomes more like a grease. I gave them a good dose down the spindle while spinning them.
I believe the end pulleys are mounted such that they slide on an assembly so I applied grease to all those mating surfaces. Maybe all this is overboard, but unlike mowing where I can delay it a week or more while I fix something, when I need the snowblower I NEED the snowblower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.