Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 X738 60"
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on whether or not I need to tighten the throttle cable on my X738? See pictures.
the actual throttle doesn’t move until I am at least half way with the lever on the dash. The throttle lever pictures shows the location where the throttle starts to move.
The other pictures show the throttle position when I have the lever all the way up on the dash control. Sorry for terminology. Anyway, you can see it’s not touching the stop. I am wondering if I am not running the tractor at 3600 RPM because of this.

Also, side note, my seat back has a lot of cushion at the bottom of the backrest but not in the middle. Oh well.

Also, also, I am not a fan of the rust on this machine but that’s what I bought. I wanted to try out the X7 series and make sure it fit my needs so I bought used…

THANKS!

Green Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive mirror Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Wood Tints and shades Gas Hardwood Metal

·
Registered
2015 X738 60"
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gave it full throttle with the lever then pushed the throttle under the hood the rest of the way. I’d say it increased a couple hundred RPM’s. I’ve always thought full lever throttle sounded a touch low, not that I could tell the RPM, but I was surprised it didn’t sound faster. Pushing the throttle the rest of the way by hand sounded “right”.

·
Registered
2015 X738 60"
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 2015 so pressing it 8 times won’t work.
anyways, I adjusted the throttle cable successfully. The throttle lever isnow much more responsive, giving me throttle adjustment almost immediately. And I have full engine RPM now when the lever is all the way up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.