Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2006 X740 that has a 62C deck. I want to replace the 62C with the 60D 7 Iron deck. There is a used 60D for sale on TH, but the listing states that "It fits 2008-2012 X7 Series L&G tractors". The serial number is 1M0060DAJGM050582. There were three different versions of the 60D that changed the gage wheels and drive over panels.

I have seen many pictures of the X740 with a 60D deck and did not think this would be a problem. Does anyone know if this deck will work on a 2006 tractor?

George of Buford

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you,

This was very helpful. I have discovered that lift arm changed from the 2006 to 2007 tractor models. I think that replacing the original lift arm AM133634 with the newer AM136628 is all that is needed. Need to do some research. :thumbup1gif:

George of Buford

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, per the sales manual my 2006 X740 is NOT compatible with the 7 Iron deck.

"Requires model year 2007 and later (SN 20001- ) X700, X720, X728, X740, or X748 Tractor
Model year 2007 and later tractors have a change to the frame weldment that adds a second position that is required to attach the mower rear draft arms for the 60-in. 7-Iron Mower; this cannot be added to earlier model tractors so this mower cannot be used on them."

I got my tractor on Saturday and it definitely has the wrong lift arm attachment. Only a single hole. Not a big deal. The 62C deck is like new and does a decent job.

George of Buford

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Yes it will work On your early Model X740 But it will not Lift a High when Lifted to Max Height Deere will tell You it is Not compatible as shown In that Link. Had a friend with a X495 and a 60 7 Iron deck H finally did Buy a 2011 X748 with a 60D 7 Iron deck :bigthumb:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it will work On your early Model X740 But it will not Lift a High when Lifted to Max Height Deere will tell You it is Not compatible as shown In that Link. Had a friend with a X495 and a 60 7 Iron deck H finally did Buy a 2011 X748 with a 60D 7 Iron deck :bigthumb:
Thanks Sergeant,

I have a X595 with a 62C that does not lift as high as I want. The 62C on the X740 is much better. I would hate to lose some height with the 60D, so I probably will be looking for another tractor with a 60D.

George of Buford

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Thanks Sergeant,

I have a X595 with a 62C that does not lift as high as I want. The 62C on the X740 is much better. I would hate to lose some height with the 60D, so I probably will be looking for another tractor with a 60D.

George of Buford
I keep On trying to get him to sell me the 60D deck from the X495. Since all the X495 does is collect dust In His Barn He Got a X748 with the 60D and Now a X750 with a 60HC. He said the X495 is His Back Up for the X748 since the X750 is the wife's mower which she has Only used a Handful of time to help him mow anyways. I think now it Time for me to ask his wife Because she is already On the war Path about Having 3 Tractors that size. When He already has a two zero turns and a Compact :lolol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the difference between the 60D and 60HC decks beside the color? Is the 60HC 7 gauge?

George of Buford

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
What is the difference between the 60D and 60HC decks beside the color? Is the 60HC 7 gauge?

George of Buford
60HC is 9ga. still plenty heavy. Reason I heard was the machine was getting close to the weight that requires a ROPS, so it was put on diet.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
From what I can see and what I've read they are basically the same design except for the 9ga vs 7ga metal. And as noted above, 9ga is still darn stout. Given the hassles with lift height issues and fitment I'd never try a 60D on my x758 myself, but I do really like the green color over the 60HC's yellow.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
60HC is 9ga. still plenty heavy. Reason I heard was the machine was getting close to the weight that requires a ROPS, so it was put on diet.
Actually Deere was Planning for the Future right Now the ROPS only applies for the Tractor weight Itself Not Including attachments. But even Deere has a feeling Uncle Sam could change it to Included attachments such as a Mowing deck:bigthumb:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just checked JD parts and it shows the M155788 for the X740 also, when a 60D deck is installed. My X595 does not lift high enough so I may try this on that deck. The M155788 is used on many tractor models. I found that it is used on 4X5 series tractors. Since I have parted out four 425's, I have plenty of these spares to try.

George of Buford

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
From what I can see and what I've read they are basically the same design except for the 9ga vs 7ga metal. And as noted above, 9ga is still darn stout. Given the hassles with lift height issues and fitment I'd never try a 60D on my x758 myself, but I do really like the green color over the 60HC's yellow.

Rob
I like the green MUCH better too :thumbup1gif:. I think JD went with yellow on HC so no one would complain they thought they were getting a 7Iron and got "cheated"

Actually Deere was Planning for the Future right Now the ROPS only applies for the Tractor weight Itself Not Including attachments. But even Deere has a feeling Uncle Sam could change it to Included attachments such as a Mowing deck:bigthumb:
Thanks for clarifying that ROPS only applies to the bare tractor :bigbeer:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the green MUCH better too :thumbup1gif:. I think JD went with yellow on HC so no one would complain they thought they were getting a 7Iron and got "cheated"

Thanks for clarifying that ROPS only applies to the bare tractor :bigbeer:
I agree. I have owned many 4X5 tractors with the 60HD deck that weighs around 325#. That is one deck that you can weld. I bought some 4x5 tractors with 54C decks and ended just parting them out. Trying to weld them was like trying to weld aluminum foil. I now have three 62C decks that remind me of the 54C's.

I am not sure about the 60HC decks, but I also prefer green 60D decks.

George of Buford

1 - 15 of 15 Posts