Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2011 x740 with a 62" deck that is getting a bit worn out. I found a good deal on a 60HC deck. I checked with two John Deere Dealerships and they said it is compatible with my X740 w/o modifications.

I picked up the deck and it does not work with draft arms on the x740. I have looked up some part numbers now. Do I have to replace the draft arms with M177097 and M177098 and get a hitch. Also the Pto shaft is not cross compatible on the gear box. But I'm not sure what the part number for the 60HC drive shaft is.

Anyone been through this transition before?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,702 Posts
What did the 60HC come off?

Looking in JDparts the 60HC (I looked for an x750) uses the same drive shaft: P/N AM133970, as the 62C deck for an x740.

Maybe you got a deck for SCUT? Or even a front mount deck?

x740 does not list the 60HC, they list the 60D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did the 60HC come off?

Looking in JDparts the 60HC (I looked for an x750) uses the same drive shaft: P/N AM133970, as the 62C deck for an x740.

Maybe you got a deck for SCUT? Or even a front mount deck?

x740 does not list the 60HC, they list the 60D
I will have to take a picture of the slight difference on the gear box spline (if that's the right word) on the two decks. The pto shaft will fit both gear boxes but would not be able to grip down on the new decks gear box because it doesn't have a key type deal.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Is it possible the new deck is set up for auto-connect and that's why the driveshaft connection is different? What does the deck's PTO shaft stub look like?

Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it possible the new deck is set up for auto-connect and that's why the driveshaft connection is different? What does the deck's PTO shaft stub look like?

Rob
I think the shaft stub just needs a key and the PTO shaft will work. Local John Deere dealership who originally told me this deck would work on my tractor now says it won't. I asked if there was any drive over deck that would work the the x740 and they said no. So I listed my deck in the for sale forum for $1200 obo if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
7,702 Posts
I will have to take a picture of the slight difference on the gear box spline (if that's the right word) on the two decks. The pto shaft will fit both gear boxes but would not be able to grip down on the new decks gear box because it doesn't have a key type deal.
I saw you decided to sell the deck, but can you still post the gear box shaft pictures?

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts