Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was under the hood today and noticed this wire harness was not plugged into anything. I can't seem to figure out what it is for. The wires are green and black. Can anyone enlighten me to what it goes to?

thank you to all

Attachments

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
I looked on my X595 and it doesn't have it even though yours is newer. Could it be for the lights that you can get (the raised ones) for snowblowing. Check to see if it has power and if it gets power when the light switch is on. The only other thing I can think of is some units are sold overseas and they come equipped with turn signals. That might be for that.

Reactions: Soannoyed

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the wires with a multimeter. No voltage change when turning on/off the lights. I did not start the engine, only put it in acc and turned lights on and off. There was no measurable voltage on the wire harness in question.

One thing to note is the wires are the same color (one green, one black) as the ones going into the air restrictor indicator. They are also coming out of the same wire conduit.

I've checked the technical manual and the only other wires I see in there are to the speed sensor. I can't figure out where the speed sensor is, but I have a feeling it's not in reach of this unknown wire.

·
Super Moderator
4,055 Posts
You mention speed sensor. Could it be for a snowblower?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure. Is there a speed sensor on a snowblower? Or any type of sensor? I don't live in a climate where people typically have them.

On the schematic, I see the wire that goes to the air restrictor sensor has the black wire coming into the sensor and the green wire going out to the instrument cluster. This makes me think my unknown wire is also for a sensor, because it is the same color wires and in the same conduit.

I would be surprised if my machine even had a speed sensor.

this is driving me crazy

·
Registered
71 Posts
If your tractor is newer model year, there is sensor that plugs into a sensor down near front driveshaft to detect the driveshaft spinning and to NOT kick out the RIO and let you back up with snowblower. I thought the harness extended down to in front more. That's a poor guess but all I have.

·
Registered
512 Posts
On the schematic, I see the wire that goes to the air restrictor sensor has the black wire coming into the sensor and the green wire going out to the instrument cluster. This makes me think my unknown wire is also for a sensor, because it is the same color wires and in the same conduit.

this is driving me crazy
Do you have an indicator light on the cluster for a restricted air cleaner?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have a light that is currently on. I suppose there is one on the cluster that would come on if the sensor triggered though. I hope I'm answering your question right. My guy is telling me this wire goes back to the cluster, meaning it is intended for a sensor, but I don't know for sure and I can't see anything it could plug into. You know how this stuff can be though, there could be a plug right under my nose and it's just blended in with all the other stuff under the hood. Some others have mentioned it might be for an attachment, but I don't have any way of knowing.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Sonnoyed. You said you looked on schematic, can you post it here? Bob

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
See attached. The first image shows the green wire and black wire going to the air restrictor sensor and the display panel. It's near the bottom left.

The second image shows a different green and black wire going to a speed sensor and the display panel. This is the round icon almost in the middle. However, I don't think my machine has a speed sensor.

I hope these pics of are good enough. It's the best I could do.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just looked and I think I was wrong earlier. I don't see an indicator light for the air restrictor. I do see a wire plugged up to the air restrictor, and the wire supposedly goes to the display panel, but I don't see a light for it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
spoke to the dealer today. They said it's likely wires that would be used in the gasoline version of my machine. I guess I'll take their word for it soccer everything else is working alright.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Maybe it's for an optional attachment or accessory.

My Subarus are pre-wired from the factory for loads of "upsell" options like fog lights, trailer lights, puddle lights, etc etc etc.
Made adding a hitch much easier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.