Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that 2010 models are better because they have a bigger displacement then the 2011 and newer is this true or not ?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I believe the 2010 models had a 1.1 liter motor, and the 2011 went to a .9 liter. As with anything newer, anyone who has the previous model machine must be better. From what I hear there is no difference in power. I went through the same thing when I bought my x728 with hydraulic awd instead of manual, everyone was sure the old style was better.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I can't speak to if the bigger motor is better or not. I can tell you that I have a 2012 with the .9 litre motor and it works great. There is no lack of power whatsoever. I use it for mowing (3 acres), hauling my 17p trailer, spraying, aerating the lawn and dragging my 920 lb roller. It does this flawlessly and is a fuel sipper.

Just my $.02 worth.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the smaller engine the rpms were higher to make the same hp as the 1.1 liter. The 1.1 was 3000 rpm and the .9 was 3250 rpm. I could be completely wrong as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
The 1.1 litre runs at 3400 and the .9 litre runs at 3600 RPMs.
The .9 litre is 75# lighter.
The frames on the x700 were lightened up because of a lighter motor and also I heard they didn't have the FEL option anymore.

That is the reason I kept my 2009-2010 instead of trading it it for more warranty coverage. But they all had to be tested and certified so I am sure they are fine anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts