Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
mcotb,

Welcome to GTT
.............That's a nice photo of your X748.
Almost looks like a winter scene. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
14,129 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

:wgtt:

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Welcome!!!

How does the trash can attachment work for you? I have been thinking about getting one as I have a HH on my Quick Hitch. I wasn't sure my 3pt hitch on the X585 will go high enough to lift it. How does that combo work for you? I like using the HH for weight but it is kind of a pain not having a separate control for the 3pt. There is the screw for locking it out but it is a hassle to do that every time you go to take the trash down?

I have been thinking about getting one of Ken's 2" receivers and mounting it to the bucket. Then I could slide in the HH trash can adapter to that and just use my FEL. I know with that option, the lift height won't be an issue and I can leave my 3pt locked out. It won't help me in the winter but then I could move it to the 3pt and have to deal with locking/unlocking the 3pt. I wish there was an easier way of doing that.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
They're nice I got the same combo on the X595 and love it.:good2:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Was the 3 point hitch itself a kit from Heavy Hitch? I've never really been overly happy with the OEM one

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Was the 3 point hitch itself a kit from Heavy Hitch? I've never really been overly happy with the OEM one
Two separate products.I didn't care for the deere one to many bends in the arms.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the welcomes and replies. I'm new to all of this so I may not have things setup right. The 3-point hitch is from Bill Ruegg. It is pretty stout and installed pretty easily. He also sent me the relocation kit for the cylinder. I think you do have to remove the side pin to adjust the side links, but I'm not really sure how it should be adjusted. Both sides are fully adjustable. I have a valve that locks out the 3 point, and then only the blade works. With both on, the 3 point works when I angle the plow to the right.

The Hitch and can attachment are from Heavy hitch. Really nicely made and works well, hold my suitcase weights, hitch, and has a chain hook on it. Way stronger than the one at the local farm store. . Even my my wife is able to take the cans out. :good2:

Looking forward to getting some more use out of the hitch and posting more pics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts