Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've been trying to sort out a problem with my X748. I am sure its a hydraulic issue, but I just can't work out whats causing it.

My main problem is lack of power in forward and reverse. For example, to mount/unmount the mower deck, I need WOT.

I have tested the hydraulic pressure and it is showing ~1200psi (which to me is odd as it has not been shimmed). That pressure was taken from the test port ontop of the charge pump.

So I am wondering, do I have a hydraulic flow problem? There is a noticeable delay in bucket curl when the lever is cycled - and at times it is like the curl cylinders lose pressure and the bucket will flop down.

When I bought the tractor the PTO clutch was roasted and the hydraulic oil was very dark. Could that have affected something internally in the charge pump?

Any ideas what my issue could be?

Note: Oil and filter is new. Oil levels are good.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Hey guys. I've been trying to sort out a problem with my X748. I am sure its a hydraulic issue, but I just can't work out whats causing it.

My main problem is lack of power in forward and reverse. For example, to mount/unmount the mower deck, I need WOT.

I have tested the hydraulic pressure and it is showing ~1200psi (which to me is odd as it has not been shimmed). That pressure was taken from the test port ontop of the charge pump.

So I am wondering, do I have a hydraulic flow problem? There is a noticeable delay in bucket curl when the lever is cycled - and at times it is like the curl cylinders lose pressure and the bucket will flop down.

When I bought the tractor the PTO clutch was roasted and the hydraulic oil was very dark. Could that have affected something internally in the charge pump?

Any ideas what my issue could be?

Note: Oil and filter is new. Oil levels are good.
It’s possible tat the burning clutch has contaminated the hydraulic systems. Just to clarify…both the forward/reverse and the hydraulic are affected?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s possible tat the burning clutch has contaminated the hydraulic systems. Just to clarify…both the forward/reverse and the hydraulic are affected?
Correct. Forward and Reverse and hydraulics affected.

The hydraulics have the pressure of what it should have if shimmed - however only have the standard 0.5 and 0.2 shims.

In the manual it mentions something about anti cavitation screens being blocked possibly?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also to add, the tractor seems to reach pretty close to maximum forward and reverse travel speeds, but if I were to drop the front wheels into a ditch, the tractor would not be able to reverse out under full power.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Correct. Forward and Reverse and hydraulics affected.

The hydraulics have the pressure of what it should have if shimmed - however only have the standard 0.5 and 0.2 shims.

In the manual it mentions something about anti cavitation screens being blocked possibly?
I think your best bet is another filter/fluid change, and see if it improves. If not, start disassembling things (like those anti cavitation screens) and flushing them till you find the culprit

Reactions: Luke v x748
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.