Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 1025r, 2010 X748, 1997 445
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2010 x748 with hfwd. Tractor works very well however when it gets warm when going forward the forward pedal pulses at my foot and the tractor jerks. If I floor it I feel very little but if I try to crawl and slowly increase speed it pulses quite hard, the tractor bounces forward. Reverse no issues and I have tried a few times to purge the air out of the system with no changes in results. I have done a full hydraulic flush. Anyone have any idea what could be the issue or where to start? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
There is a shock absorber on the transmission that connects to the peddles. 9 times out of 10 that is the source of you problem. It needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Here is the manual for the Tuff-Torq K92 service manual. You could also call Tuff-Torq, I understand their customer service is outstanding.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a shock absorber on the transmission that connects to the peddles. 9 times out of 10 that is the source of you problem. It needs to be replaced.
thanks for the info. I thought of that however not sure how it would make the pulsing worse when slowly accelerating. The absorber would also react the same in reverse however reverse is quite smooth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the manual for the Tuff-Torq K92 service manual. You could also call Tuff-Torq, I understand their customer service is outstanding.
Thank you for the info. I had looked at the service manual prior and was not able to trouble shoot but good call on contacting them I will do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
My first suspect is the damper mentioned above. That’s Deere specific.

It’s possible it’s a transaxle problem, but if only expect that if it’s over pressure, and overpressure only has a vent with the loader THRV valve. This is much more common when the fluid is cold.

Reactions: Gbeaudoi

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
thanks for the info. I thought of that however not sure how it would make the pulsing worse when slowly accelerating. The absorber would also react the same in reverse however reverse is quite smooth.

The damper prevents surging from slop in the peddle linkage and the varrying resistance the tires have from rolling over the ground. I would expect a blown shock to much more noticable at slow speeds.

The shock is a known culprit of the issues you are describing, I would certainly start looking there. It's not too hard to pull the shock out and see if it's broken.

Reactions: Gbeaudoi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. I will take the shock appart and start there.

·
Registered
26,415 Posts
I have done a full hydraulic flush
What do you mean by flush?

I will assume you mean changing the fluid. Did you change the filter as well? Did you refill with the Deere Low viscosity fluid?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
When inspecting shock absorber, pull open & push close. It should be about the same amount of force in both directions. Firm in one direction and loose in the other means it's bad. Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the info here. It was the shock absorber. When I pulled it out there was little to no resistance compared to the new one. Changed it out and runs like a top.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What do you mean by flush?

I will assume you mean changing the fluid. Did you change the filter as well? Did you refill with the Deere Low viscosity fluid?
sorry, yes I had changed the fluid and filter. JD low Vis was used. The tractor now runs well. Needed the shock absorber. Thanks for asking the questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts