Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Since both machine seats are about the same height (and if you want to really consider a SCUT) look at how much weight difference there is towards the rear of both machines. This is where the real "tipping point" is being affected. I don't know where you can come up with actual F-R axle loadings, but I'd venture to say the 10XX series is going to be more stable because of it's greater weight towards the rear.

I mow a side slope at all angles along my driveway. My GX335 handles it fine parallel with "One cheek over the line". I can stay right in the seat on my 1026r at all angles. Remember with all front pivot axle tractors, your safety is in weight balanced towards the rear of the tractor, the front axle does little for stability.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yes and this toy is a bit on the pricey side but I think it will pay off in the long run. I'm already thinking of all things I can do with it. I can see this purchase is just the beginning. Now I am looking at the heavy hitch and plows for a garden. My wife had no idea what was going on when I bought her that expensive purse for Christmas! It's Green Acres in 2014!!!!!
"Coach" purse Christmas brib.... er... "present" here as well, but my wife is long experienced with ploys like that and knows something "powered" will be arriving for the shop in future.

I didn't know how unashamedly I would use my FEL when I got it. I mean transporting potted plants in it where I used to hand truck 'em, etc. Composting with a loader is a whole new joy! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yes and with a new task there is one more reason to buy another attachment. I am wondering if I should get a box blade an put weights on it somehow or just buy a separate ballast box.
"Multi-tasker" eh? I like getting multiple uses out of stuff as well like my ballast box that ballasts and can still be a carry-all box. I don't stuff mine full to the gunnels with weight, I've just got it to about 250# worth of concrete pavers... Just enough room left to nicely contain stuff like a fuel can, tools, chain, a 5gal bucket of whatever, etc. And just to keep it "adjustable" I only use removable solid weight. Of course unless you drag it on the ground just right it ain't a box blade, but you can't haul fuel cans to the pump with a box blade (stock) either.:laugh:

Reactions: etcallhome
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.